Hello again, hello

Old 03-20-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

^^^^

God directs out paths but we direct our feet...step carefully, Dev, lest you become the main event at a summer gathering.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ann

Already been there, done that too!

Incidentally, Ann got to tell you. My son called me yesterday to tell me to be very careful about locking my doors at night because there was a home invasion the night before in the town next to us.

OMG, when did he grow up, and start being concerned about us?

Devastated
Old 03-21-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ann.. Like in the Bill Murray Movie Scrooged . ahahah some times we have to be hit in the face with the truth to face it..

the wake on Sunday for Charlies was Irish Grand.. 50 of the Oldest to the new baby coming in August were there.. Nancy is dealing with the grief better. and now realizes that to have me as a Daughter in law is a very nice part of life... so we are having to stay with her at night from Sunday to Thursday. its not a bad PA sitting. but have to have my Garden soon for my own healing.. have read that book have it on the bedside at my home.. Ed won't touch it . ahahhahah...
he has the funniest look when he goes near it.. love and prayers ardy
Old 03-21-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ardy, it's always good to see you and I am glad the wake went well.

Dev, let the boy worry, tell him your sniper training may finally pay off.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I haven't dropped by in years, but today when I do, an old friend Dev is here dropping by too.

I will be forever grateful for the help and strength I found here.

Blessings,
Babs
Old 03-21-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Ann, Babs

Ann, don't you worry I let him think I'm in jail!! He always says, don't call me for bail money! LOL Shoot, I remember those days! Those calls in the middle of the night, starting out like, "MOMMMM, I need help!" OMG!
Have you ever had one of those horrible scam calls? I get them all the time. They must target areas where they have a lot of retired people. Anyway, I got one not long ago, saying, "I'm calling for your son, (then you say the kid's name) and they say right, he's in trouble in Mexico, and needs bail money right away!" Of course, I know it's a scam and I say, "you really do have him in jail in Mexico?" Yes! "Ok, then, keep him there!" OMG, I've ruined their entire day! .

Oh and the one where they say you're computer is sending error messages to them. I love that one. I said, "Wow, what a smart computer!" Then they say, "are you in front of your computer?" Answer, "No, I'm sitting at the side of it!" Dead silence, regrouping sounds, "Please turn on your computer!" "Oh, how do I do that?" dead silence, disgust, end result is they always hang up on me! Darn, just when I was having fun too!

I'll bet I'm the only person in the whole world that has had an obscene phone caller hang on on them! Yep, miss that guy too! LOL

Love you all, life is good! Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Babs))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez - I know my HP loves me - to visit with Dev, Ann & Babs ~ what a blessing!

I remember when I was locking my bedroom door, hiding my keys & purse to keep those that lived IN my house from breaking in and the only people I worried about breaking in the house - were the dealers looking for the family in my house ~
geez I can't believe I lived that way ~

so glad y'all helped me find a healthier way

It would sure be nice to sit & visit face to face ~ we would definitely cause a ruckus!!
Old 03-22-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Gosh, I remember living through those ugly days too! No more! I flat refuse to be a victim again!!

Yes, it would be so fun to meet face to face one day. As my mother-in-law use to say to me when I would leave Italy after a visit, "if I don't see you again in this life, I'll see you in the next!" She was so sweet.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-22-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Babs I am so glad you found us. It's good to see you again, it's like old home week here.

You all remind me of the time my son stole my hormones. I had dental work done and picked up some Tylanol 3's on the way home, as well as a renewal of my hormone replacement pills. I hid the Tylanol 3's and left the hormone pills on my dresser, forgetting my son had trouble reading.

When I went to take a hormone pill that night, the pills were gone...my son had taken them. I hollered his name and "did you take my pills?". He sheepishly admitted it and said "Those Tylanol 3's didn't even do a thing for me, I took a handful".

I told him those pills were my hormones and that he would grow breasts like the people having sex changes do. He believed me. I let him. He checked every day for a month before he caught on to me.

I must say, payback was wonderful.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Oh Ann!!!

I totally remember that incident! We were hysterical about it too remember? OMG, I can just imagine the poor kid checking for breasts every night! LOL

Hugs, Dev
Old 03-24-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

oh Ann - how funny - You could have left a Victoria's Secret Catalog out for him to shop for bras!!!

Life is so much more fun when you just don't take everything so serious!