husband in rehab for meth...now what

Old 03-02-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

husband in rehab for meth...now what

Please bare with me as this is my very first post, okay so my husband and I have been together for 16 years and have a 8 year old. our relationship has always been very close, and happy until about 5years ago when my husband decided to get into body building which ment he needed or thought he needed to use steriods and pain pills. Well after a year on steriods he stopped and kept using pain pills which on several occasians I would find him on his butt not able to walk or passed out somewhere, he started to get controling and angry an always on the go our relationship was goinf down hill since he was never around. Next thing I know my husband is hooke on meth...endless lies,manipulation etc all that stuff goes along with drugs. Well now after getting in trouble with the law he is in rehab, things were rough at first then they started to get better and now he wants to come home and wants.me to get him. He is upset that I cant and is back at manipulating and wanting nothing to do with me since he isnt getting his way. I am so hurt with everything that has happened and decied to forgive him and stay but now that he is there i am feeling lonely and resentful.im angry with myself on how I handled his drug use and for putting up with it and angry with how he thinks he can treat me like crap and demand things and when he doesnt get his way he says hateful things...part of me says leave other part says stay because i know he is going through mix emotions and stuff and needs me and this could be his final getting his crap together per say. My husband was a great guy and father until these last few years. Im confused and all messed up due to the hateful and mean things and back and forth i love u then i dont know what i want..is this part of recovery?he still blames others for his drug use after 7mths clean...im lost
Old 03-02-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faithnlove13 View Post
Please bare with me as this is my very first post, okay so my husband and I have been together for 16 years and have a 8 year old. our relationship has always been very close, and happy until about 5years ago when my husband decided to get into body building which ment he needed or thought he needed to use steriods and pain pills. Well after a year on steriods he stopped and kept using pain pills which on several occasians I would find him on his butt not able to walk or passed out somewhere, he started to get controling and angry an always on the go our relationship was goinf down hill since he was never around. Next thing I know my husband is hooke on meth...endless lies,manipulation etc all that stuff goes along with drugs. Well now after getting in trouble with the law he is in rehab, things were rough at first then they started to get better and now he wants to come home and wants.me to get him. He is upset that I cant and is back at manipulating and wanting nothing to do with me since he isnt getting his way. I am so hurt with everything that has happened and decied to forgive him and stay but now that he is there i am feeling lonely and resentful.im angry with myself on how I handled his drug use and for putting up with it and angry with how he thinks he can treat me like crap and demand things and when he doesnt get his way he says hateful things...part of me says leave other part says stay because i know he is going through mix emotions and stuff and needs me and this could be his final getting his crap together per say. My husband was a great guy and father until these last few years. Im confused and all messed up due to the hateful and mean things and back and forth i love u then i dont know what i want..is this part of recovery?he still blames others for his drug use after 7mths clean...im lost
I think part of the recovery is realizing how much you hurt others and seeking forgiveness. I think step 4 you have to go do amends with everyone. So if he is blaming everyone else but himself, then I doubt he is in recovery. My AH is always nice when he goes to rehab, because he needs me to send him $ and support him. He lies and manipulates to get what he wants. Why? Because he is not in recovery, he is in rehab Pretty much killing time.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I like that answer!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Does he still plan on using steroids? If he is still blaming others for his use then he is not ready. I know you love him and he has spent a good chunk of time being a great husband and father but he needs to continue his journey until he can hold himself accountable for all his actions. Resources: Al-Anon, quitting crystal meth by joesph Schwartz ( I think that's the authors name), lots of prayer because meth is the devils drug, therapy. Also for him he needs to work the steps and connect with a higher power and seek therapy as meth can cause other mental health disorders there is def underlying issues. These are suggestions that I've gotten with my experience with meth. You are in my prayers.

Originally Posted by faithnlove13 View Post