I don't know if he'll ever get better

Old 11-12-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know if he'll ever get better

And I know that it's really none of my business if he does, or doesn't. I loved my ex, and if love could cure addiction, I doubt any of us would be here on this forum.

I posted earlier about having had a really tough day yesterday. This morning I checked my FB and saw that my ex had started a full-on war with a "friend" on his page. Apparently the friend said something about Veterans and my ex took it out of context.

He threatened to "kill" this person when he returns home. He also bragged about beating up this individuals brother a few years back.

He is so sick. His psychological damage, from war/childhood trauma/drugs/etc...is so bad, I don't know if he will ever be able to overcome it.

I'm so sad for him, so sad for his family, so sad for myself. We all love him so much, I can only pray he will get better.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hope, I can no longer participate in the world of addiction so my peace comes from praying each morning and turning my son's care over to God, then living my day in faith that God can do for him, what I cannot.

We can't save them from themselves and to try only puts us in danger.

Maybe leave FB to others and move forward with your life. We don't need a window to watch the train wreck as it unfolds.

Hugs
Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I hope your loved one gets better, but I hope you are okay no matter what! Hang in there.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that feeling. My brother has done the same thing. He went to war and came back...different. And you want to help but can't. You want them to have peace but can't give it to them. It is hard. The only thing I feel I can do is pray. I hope the best for you and some peace with it all.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Some of us just don't make it back. It isn't meant to be as crass as it sounds, but it is a harsh and stsrk reality. It has also been the hardest thing for me to accept regarding the recovery (or lack thereof) of those around me. I lost a close friend (like, stayed with his family after one of my inpatient stays close) on Halloween. It's insanely difficult to see the glimmers if who a person COULD become, and then be yanked back to reality by deeing who they're actually being, or, unfortunately, WERE being until the end.

Don't be afraid to keep grieving. You'll likely never get "over" it. But you can get THROUGH it, and make it constructive in your own life.