Ardy and Ed he has had a stroke with withdrawl

Old 08-26-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear the news, Ardy. Take a deep breath and remember that you need to take care of yourself, too. The doctors know what's best for Ed right now, and it sounds like you are there by his side as much as you can be. My thoughts are with you!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Continuing to think of you and Ed, ardy.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

saw Ed last night.. he is a little better.. chatty very chatty.. they are using valumin on him for his sobbing and crawling sensation.. not sure if I like that .. as it makes him so dosey... they are doing some pt on him last night and today.. he can walk with help ... will not be driving a car for a long time.. having to go thro all of the house for anything he has hidden in meds.. its a mess.. he has had a dream that his best Grandma came and held him.. he cried so much telling me about this.. my poor lost soul...
went over this med with the Head of Staff.. he tried to give me this you really don't know what you are saying bit.. and I pulled all of my findings out and read from the pages.. with dates and units that had submitted the findings... he was floored ... how do you know where to find this.. like this 45 year old Male Doctor does not know about the internet and public knowledge.. please God give me the Grace to not let him know what type of Mom I really am... so he gave me an hour and we discussed the med. and the information known and not known about it.. and he even feels that Ed would be a great study for the drug.. and kids that is what it is a drug.. not a bit of candy...
life I want to be a squirrel and run up a tree... love to you all and kids I know you are near me.. can feel your hand on my shoulder every so often. love ardy
Old 08-27-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good for you to be his advocate. It's sad that it is what is required, that doctors don't do the research themselves, but that is the reality. Thinking of you and sending love and prayers!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

((((((Ardy)))))

I know so little about drugs, but please feel my hugs reaching out to you. One breath, one breath, Ed is in the best place for him now. remember to take care of you. Ask the hospital about social services and if someone can help with referral and advice for getting Ed back.

Love to you from Lenina
Old 08-31-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi all Ed is home on his own feet. hahahah cats watching him close.. this Gabapentin seems to be working.. I have put my foot down tight on anything else.. so no valuim or other meds that they used.. and for the last 3 days.. the shakes have stopped all together.. has had some bad nightmares.. the headaches are almost gone.. but gets touchy about news and feeds on FaceBook... have gotten him to realize he has to retrain his brain and his life if he is going to stay around for longer... Wes Craven was a friend of ours.. gone at 67... kids that is just 2 years older then me.. yep... Ed did not take his passing well... they spent alot of time on the phone and writing back and forth the last couple of years... the golden years pppffffffttt. and poop... but my Hubby is starting to be the man I married 19 years ago... love to you all. remember its hard now .. but it will get better .. stand infront of the mirror and keep saying that.. and then go ekekekkeke a clown appeared in the mirror. hahahahahaa
Old 08-31-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going better Ardy

My sympathies on your loss of a friend. I think he'll be missed by many.

D