Husband uses, lies, and is a functioning addict

Old 07-02-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband uses, lies, and is a functioning addict

Hello. I am new here. I am at a complete loss with my husband and father of my 3 year old and 6 month old children. It all started with tramadol. I caught him several times with that. He was taking 8 pills a day. Lied and it took me showing the bank accounts showing the transactions to admit it. He detoxed at home for a week. Then, a few weeks later he was buying adderall. (sorry if i am misspelling) He blamed the finding of these on every possible person, his sister, his brother, and coworkers. Recently, 3 weeks after our son was born I found Suboxone in his wallet (the strips). He said that a guy at work gave it to him because he was hungover. He said he only used it twice and not enough to do anything. Let me tell you that, I have a brother who is a heroin addict and his brother shoots up suboxone and is slowly deteriorating. He has watched this all. He is very good at hiding everything and making me feel like the crazy one. He is a master manipulator and can work his way out of any problem we come across. Recently, he has had cash and says he is loaning it to his using brother. Every time he uses he gets really bad heartburn. He has been taking tums like no ones business. He hid his work truck keys under the mattress so that I couldn't get in there. He first said "I didn't put him there". Then he said he didnt want me going through his **** because he had cigarettes in there. He knows I know he smokes and so that was just another bull **** lie. He is working night shifts this week and he will come home sleep for 4-5 hours then work and when he gets home he stays awake for a few hours. That is beyond me how someone could possibly stay away for that long. He works construction so it's hard work. I know he is using something and lying about it. I don't know what to do anymore! I can't keep up with this. Does anyone have advice? Thank you.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I spent way too long trying to prove to myself that I wasn't crazy, that I was seeing what I was actually seeing, and what he was telling me wasn't true.

I moved out with our baby because I had plans for myself. I have been very happy going to nar anon meetings weekly. Could you try going to one near you?

You're the rational one, remember that.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All addicts are liars. Big liars. My guess is your husband is in deep. Really deep. You and that baby need to get out.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

CBTAG,

Pretend you can't hear.

What do your eyes see?
Old 07-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all I really appreciate that. We do have nar anon meeting near me, I've only been once and at that point in time it was for my brother
Old 07-04-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

the meetings are for 'you'
Old 07-05-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have no idea how I would be if my husband was using, my addict is my son. One thing I do know is I would be putting some money back and be making a plan, this isn't going to be a quick fix.