I told me husband to leave and he did

Old 06-30-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I told me husband to leave and he did

This has been one of the hardest things in my life. After the lies and manipulation I told him to seek help and not come back until he is better. So he left last night. He is refusing detox, rehab and all he wants to do is to go out patient and come home. He relapsed before in February and told me he would work his program and he detoxed with suboxone, got a job but slowly started to decrease his meetings and working a program. It didn't work. My suspicions a few weeks ago were right. He would lie about stuff all the time even when he wasn't using. Why did he feel he had to Lie about things, stupid things to make himself look better to others?

I had to tell my little boys that Daddy has to go away for a work trip. My middle son who is 6 cried all last night. He left so sudden he said. My heart is breaking for my boys. I don't know how long I can convince them daddy is still on a work trip. My other sons are 4, and my step son is 16. I told my 16 yo the truth. My heart is breaking for him too. He took it well but the poor kids mom is an alcoholic too which is why he is living with us full time. She has been clean for a while and he visits his mom 2 times a month. I'm trying to get the strength to be there the best way I know for these boys. I'm stuck financially now and I don't know how I'm going to do this on own. I'm trying so hard to put on a happy face and go about life as normal. I hope my boys won't see that I'm struggling.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know how hard it must have been to make him leave. I think you did the best thing for everyone, though, painful as it is. Your stepson is in a hard place, but your example may be just what he needs right now to see the long-term damage addiction reaps on everyone. Has he ever been to an Alateen meeting? It would be great if you could find one for him. My youngest attended for a couple of years and it helped her get the support and emotional tools she needed to understand her sister's addiction. As for your young boys, just keep loving them. It will all work out, and it is okay for them to see you struggle a little bit. Have you found a support system for yourself? Meetings or otherwise?

Take care. Sending a hug and some serenity your way.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is so unbelievably hard! But, it is doable. You did the right thing-even if it may not feel the greatest. Find a support system and allow yourself to grieve. Many times i have channeled my inner "Dory" & told myself to "just keep swimming". You can do this!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your hard situation right now.

I'm amazed at the superpowers a loving mom can tap into during these times, though. You'll move through it.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Sending you hugs. Those boys are lucky to have you and a better future that awaits.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you can do this

I made mountains move for my ABF, I knew I could do anything I wanted to do.

Life isn't without struggle - for that teaches us how strong we are.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending hugs your way. It hurts, but each passing day will be better.