She's sick.....

Old 06-28-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She's sick.....

My daughter finally was able to get clean and sober, next month will be a year. She hasn't missed a day of work in over a year and actually got a promotion. She also started taking care of her health and started with visits to the dentist and doctor. The blood test results came back on Friday and something is wrong. Her liver, sugar and white blood cell counts are all bad. Her doctor is sending her for additional tests this week. When asked what it might be Dr only said "we'll know more after the tests". So? Hepatitis? HIV? Cancer? Cirrhosis? Damn.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Ileana. I will say prayers for you and your daughter. Peace to you during this difficult time.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Hi Ilena ,
I'm sorry to hear about the results, but wait to speak with the doctor, it may not be as bad as you think. The good news is she is a year sober so her mind and body are stronger now and can tackle what is in front of her to heal. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Ileana, sending prayers for you and your dear daughter. I hope that she will be receptive to any type of treatment to help her get better. that is such good news though, clean for 11+ months! I can't wait to say that about JJ.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First of all, congrats to her for making it so far, and to you for getting through all the stress that comes with addiction and recovery!

DON'T ASSUME THE WORST! Stay off the internet too. I learned that the hard way. Just wait and see what the doctor says, and go from there.

Many hugs, keep us updated, she is in my prayers!