Engagment destroyed by Percocet

Old 06-04-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all for sharing your stories and well wishes! I know that I am being strong but it hurts so bad... Still feel so alone, and have had no communication with him for about 30 hours and sixteen minutes to be exact. I keep waiting for an apology, a promise to go to rehab and get serious because I mean that much to him.... I know I'm holding on to something that won't happen. The rreality is that I'm gone and now he's free to do whatever he wishes without having to think of someone catching him

I know there are worse problems in the world and I pray to God every night to help those suffering more instead of me but I am not okay...... Going to work today cut me like a knife; I'm still wearing my ring to avoid the fast coming explanations of what went wrong and the truth about the monster I have been dealing with .... Just so sad. I feel so sad
Old 06-04-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Nelly, do you think THAT many people consciously look to your left hand every day to see if you have a ring on your finger???? i know this is a crisis for you, but everybody else has their OWN crap to deal with....and as has been said here you do not HAVE to explain every sordid detail, or get t-shirts and bumper stickers made.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Nelly, it is not your fault. If you need help, counseling is but a phone call away. I wish you well.

Anvil, wow, unnecessarily harsh...you can do better, yah?
Old 06-04-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nelly, if your not ready to talk about it at work, that is totally okay. It is such an emotional time for you. Take your ring off when you feel comfortable doing so. Hugs and praying for you.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ileana View Post
Hi Nelly1- I would like to officially welcome you to the "Enablers club". As a member of this club you get the following rewards. None. As a member of this club you get the following perks. None.

You can't FIX him. Say it out loud. I can't FIX him. You can't have a relationship with this man. You can't save his life. You can't stop him. PLEASE walk away. PLEASE.
Perfectly written ... thank you
Old 06-04-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Poor Nelly, I'm so sorry for your pain.
Someday you will realize you had a blessing in learning this all before the wedding and kids. This is your second chance (or third or .... to find a new life with a healthy partner that YOU DESERVE!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Nelly 1, I am in a similar situation. I'm so sorry you're going through this. But you have come to the right place, this website has been incredibly helpful for me. My ex has been addicted to opiates for years, but I didn't find out until January, when he got himself tangled into such a web of lies and financial problems, that he could no longer hide it from me. Since then, I have slowly been losing my sanity one day at a time. Trust the people on these threads who are saying that it will get worse before it gets better. Your man will have to decide for himself to get help. There is no amount of begging, pleading, yelling, crying, threatening, loving, or bargaining you can do to change that. Believe me, I tried. It does get worse, and the addicts pull their loved ones right down with them as their lives spiral out of control. This is not what you or I signed up for. It's not fair at all. But our love will never be enough to make them get clean, and we deserve better than this.

As for your ring, it is still your ring, and you can wear it or not wear it as you see fit. I completely understand about not wanting to have to answer people's questions. But it is no one's business. You're not obligated to share anything you don't want to. Sending you big hugs, and hoping the days ahead get easier for you.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ileana View Post
Hi Nelly1- I would like to officially welcome you to the "Enablers club". As a member of this club you get the following rewards. None. As a member of this club you get the following perks. None.

You can't FIX him. Say it out loud. I can't FIX him. You can't have a relationship with this man. You can't save his life. You can't stop him. PLEASE walk away. PLEASE.
again ... I love this, thank you Ileana
I keep coming back to read this post of yours. Makes me smile because it's too true