not bad enough

Old 05-21-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lesa

not bad enough

They man I beening with many years is a addict ..I done so much reading and to me he also Narcissistic Personality Disorder..to me he making my life a living hell..this explains a lot
Old 05-21-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by lesa View Post
They man I beening with many years is a addict ..I done so much reading and to me he also Narcissistic Personality Disorder..to me he making my life a living hell..this explains a lot
Maybe. Possibly. But is it also possible that the narcissistic behavior is a function of his drug use?

At the end of the day, lesa, the label that you put on it matter less than what you're going to do about. Addict, NPD, Borderline Personality Disorder...just names to describe behavior. What are your options?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lesa View Post
I'm so sorry, lesa... I just can't imagine being married to "that". You see, my sister is also NPD... and turns out she's also an A. Until I learned of NPD, I couldn't quite put my finger on what her issues were. But now that I've learned about NPD, it all makes sense. Some ppl will tell you not to try and label... but if it walks and talks like a duck... well, you know. I finally had to go NC with her. Growing up with her was MISERABLE. If you ask me, it's probably fairly easy that NPD's become A's bc they're so selfish to begin with. No empathy. Enjoy hurting others to make themselves feel superior. Mmmm... no thanks. I think NPD and A are two separate issues. And if you take the alcohol away, you still have the NPD. I've heard she stopped drinking, but her NPD was still there. That's when I went NC. I wish you the best. Please post more... it helps.