Son called from rehab

Old 04-30-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I too brang trinkets when I visited JJ. I am going to the Ranch this weekend and I am going to bring him a big bag of candy and some books from the thrift store. I quit smoking so I do not enable him on the cigarettes. They provide them with tobacco and papers at the ranch. YUCK! I also enjoy when I give JJ the stuff because he does share with his mates, I get the big "Thanks JJ's Mom!" when the food is delivered .
Old 04-30-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am looking forward to it... I asked the counselor for some time alone with my son and not with my ex. I am so glad she agreed so I get private session And dinner with him. I pray that he has embraced the program. Time will tell. Glad you will see your son this weekend as well Ilovemysonjj. So prayers for good moments for both of us......
Old 05-08-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning my SR friends. I just got back from seeing my son in extended rehab. He looked good. He gained weight looks so physically healthy. This place was intense and they made him dig deep. They immediately had family session In the middle of the group room in front of 50 people. They pushed and pushed so hard till my son broke andd talked about some deep dark things. Intense. I left. Hopeful. I got to take him out to dinner one day and lunch. He sounded grounded Spoke about program and steps. I told him my house was not the healthiest for him and I pull not have him back. He said he knows and understands. He is fine with the next step.. I'm so scared to trust in it as I have read here and learned in my group but I didn't let him feel that. I pray. But we had some good moments and it does look like he is doing some good work.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Forgot to say this time my 21 year old was humble and he did not cut up one person nor did he speak about not being as bad as some of these folks. Good movement I feel. Loving the moment. I know and pray
Old 05-08-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Dear Two Four, wow! Sounds so wonderful. It is so HARD to keep hoping when you know they are one bad decision away. I am so happy that the visit went well. I think it is very helpful that the family counseling occurs in public. They say addiction lives in the shadows and the elephant in the room. Sounds like that was addressed publicly. Sending hugs and prayers, just stay in the moment.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Twofour View Post
Forgot to say this time my 21 year old was humble and he did not cut up one person nor did he speak about not being as bad as some of these folks. Good movement I feel. Loving the moment. I know and pray
LOL Did I not tell you he'd come around after some time passed? Sounds like he's in a very good place. A place that isn't letting him slide by!

We addicts get lost in our own heads and our own way of thinking while we are using! Once we get off the stuff and get back into our right minds? We are totally different ppl!

Stealing his laptop back seems to be just the right key to get him on the right road again! Some bad dealings do end up being the best thing that can happen to a person!

Hugs to ya Twofour!

TOD
Old 05-08-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Twofour...I understand, like many others here, what you are going through. I have turned my son away and not let him live with me while in active using several times and just let him come back & stay a few weeks. I have been deliberating about sober living too and costs, etc. But I have learned in the times I did Let Go and Let God, I found peace when he was gone and I didn't have to wrestle with the insanity of worrying about him, doing for him, checking his pockets, etc.....I love him and on some levels love having him here with me, but know that I can't risk everything in my life again.

My AS too has given the same talk about how he's not like the other addicts/ppl in the rehab or sober living. He's an opiate addict and doesn't steal or do things like that, but has spent all of his money and the expected me to come forth and help, which, stupidly, I have done. REally not that different.

If your son is in rehab that is great and you should most definitely enjoy the peace and restful nights. He is in good hands and will surely lament no matter what. I'm planning to have my AS go into sober living this weekend after a month stay with me....it'll hopefully help him learn to be more independent, connect with others trying to stay sober and more....My AS is 27, although emotionally he is more like 21. I can't control what he does with his life and have to step out of the way of the natural consequences of things.

You will find much support here and words from many who understand exactly what you are going through. Don't be afraid to share your fears, concerns, and more, and do what feels right for you.

Hugs and support...
Old 05-08-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
LOL Did I not tell you he'd come around after some time passed? Sounds like he's in a very good place. A place that isn't letting him slide by!

We addicts get lost in our own heads and our own way of thinking while we are using! Once we get off the stuff and get back into our right minds? We are totally different ppl!

Stealing his laptop back seems to be just the right key to get him on the right road again! Some bad dealings do end up being the best thing that can happen to a person!

Hugs to ya Twofour!

TOD

TOD. No doubt I hope and pray this is the turning point.....
Old 06-05-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning to my SR folks. Haven't posted In awhile. My son has been in rehab since March. Just got a call that he is moving into sober living out of state where he was in rehab. Sounded good, never once asked to come home. Told me he knows sober living is the right place for him and not returning home. Thanked for support and said I will show you and not tell you anymore. Anxiety in the pit of my stomach but I have learned so much about letting go I feel ok with it. I have learned...one day at a time and have really been working on my inner core Just felt like posting again. Always reading here. The posts keep me focused and humble.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I hope he continues to shine twofour. Take care of you!

Last edited by CodeJob; 06-05-2015 at 11:48 AM. Reason: wrong name
Old 06-05-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

That's great! It sounds like he learned the big message of actions and not words.

Have a great weekend!