Helppppp

Old 03-15-2015, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helppppp

My life has flipped upside down in the last week. My bf has been struggling getting off of meth. Ever since he started using it has taken complete control of his life in the last 6 months. He went to rehab 2 months ago n has been struggling staying clean since then. I believe in the last week he has completely spiraled out. I just stopped hearing from him, he has not said one thing to me. His parents kicked him out of their house. He's on the streets going in and out of crack houses. He's found some crack ***** to use with n he's completely destructive. We just talked after a week of him not responding to anything. He says that he's given up and doesn't care if he lives snymore. He says he hates the person he has become by of meth, he says he has no control over the drugs anymore. It literally breaks my heart n I'm soooo angry that he has given up and blatantly chosen drugs over me, his family n friends. He is not one bit the person that he used to be. I feel so numb and shocked n I still can't believe the person that I love is on the streets, hustling drugs and doing everything. It's the most awful thing any person could go through. I had an anxiety attacking yesterday by it all hit mr n I just can't accept what is going on. I'm afraid he will die or go to prison, but I know I'm powerless over this n I'm not giving up, im just accepting that's its out of my hands. He's called me today begging to let him sleep eat n shower at my house but i told him I wouldnt allow him to unless he wanted to get off drugs n go to rehab. He keeps making excuses. I just need support rt now. Any advice or words of wisdom?? I'm so lost, numb and heartbroken. It's horrible watching the person u love become this person u never ever thought he would become.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Sorry this has happened Hope. Even though you love him he has to play out this drama himself. If you let him in chances are he won't leave, and a man desperate for drugs might even steal from you.

I was listening to the story of a recovered meth addict on the radio yesterday, and he only recovered when all options of support and having somewhere to go were finally closed off and life became too hard. Previous to that he'd stolen from relatives to fund his habit.

If he lands in prison at least he'll have a chance of getting clean.