New Here--14 yo son

Old 03-12-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here--14 yo son

I don't know where to start. My 14 yo son was caught with Alcohol at school back in December.

He was suspended from school today for being under the influence of drugs, as he failed a field sobriety test. I went and got a 6 panel urine test, and it came back positive for pot. He now will have to do 6o days at the alternative school.

He got the pot from a neighbor kid and also I suspect young stepbrother (husband's stepbrother) involved in some way too.

Everything gets really yucky from here on out because I am also dealing with an AH, as well as a sick in the head, psycho B, evil MIL from hell too.

Sue
Old 03-12-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, sue, you have your plate full of yukky stuff, no doubt.

I hope you can find the help your son needs, while he is still so young. At least you still have lawful say so over him.

Good luck to you. Let go of those who don't matter, and focus on what you can do something about.. like that Serenity prayer says.

hugs
chicory
Old 03-12-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The Mother-In-Laws from Hell are beginning to become a very popular group. lol

Thank heaven mine is an X

What caught my attention about your post is the effects it seems to be having on your son. I have a 13 year old boy. hope

I left my marriage because of that exact worry. I DID not want my son to be influenced by my husbands behavior. Or witness all the negativity. I really hope someone can help you out.

Have you tried to post in "Friends and Family" ? Maybe they can offer some advice.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Mother-In-Laws from Hell
Sounds like a good name for an all-girl thrash metal band.

Sue,

Sounds like you're going through a bit of hell. It looks like you joined us a while back, so Welcome Back.

What have you been doing to take care of you?
Old 03-12-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are going through this, Sue, but the silver lining may be the outside forces--the 60 days at the alternative school and his other school keeping tabs on his behavior.

My daughter began her addiction spiral at 13 and I did all I could to stave it off. Looking back on it, I know I did all that I could with the tools and resources I had at the time. That is all you can do, too. Your best without killing yourself in the process.

Maybe think about ways you can disengage from your MIL as much as possible, and don't let her get under your skin, if you can. Same with the AH, though I know that is harder. Reach out to someone at the alternative school--the counselors there perhaps?--and see if there are other programs and resources for both you and your son. If not, look elsewhere. You sound like you could use some face-to-face support...AlAnon?

Sorry to be so do-this-do-that, but it is all meant with kindness and understanding for the path you are on. Been there! Still there sometimes...
Old 03-12-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenMama View Post
I am sorry you are going through this, Sue, but the silver lining may be the outside forces--the 60 days at the alternative school and his other school keeping tabs on his behavior.
I agree. Maybe it is a blessing that this has come to light now. I wish I had known about my AS's problem sooner rather than later. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can sympathize, unfortunately. I also have an AH and it can get very overwhelming and lonely.