He's gone ......

Old 03-13-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JOIE12 View Post
he passed away early yesterday morning. I am devastated. Heartbroken. need to share but too sad.
Joie12, I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you well. I am unfortunately part of this club. There are no words. It's only been a month for me. I miss my son so much and we don't get a say in how things turn out. Hugs.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Joie, here's a website that might help help you. I'm so sorry for your loss

index Survivors of Suicide.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-14-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Sometimes there are no good answers, Joie, especially in situations like his. The only thing that makes sense to me is addiction is so tremendously powerful, it eclipses someone's will to survive.

You will, for better or for worse, always carry him. And there will be days where that burden is going to be heavier than other days. I wish that wasn't the case, but sadly, it is. The good news is whether you're aware of it or not, you're getting a little stronger every day. At some point, you'll be able to carry him and it'll be OK for you. You'll always feel his loss. But that will not preclude you from living the life you want to live.

Be safe, Joie.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

So sorry, Joie12. Hugs.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Much love my friend. I'm not sure there are answers. You are such a survivor and hold so much love and care for others.

Big hugs
Old 03-20-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry Joie. I just saw this a
moment ago and thought of all the kindness
you have so unselfishly brought to this
anonymous watering hole for our souls.
On this very first day of Spring in the
northern hemisphere, your loved one is
no longer in pain. You do not hurt alone,
our great SR pal Joie. We all hurt with you.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Dear Joie,
Vale is so right,
It's been a year now...I'm so sorry for the pain in your sweet heart, I can feel your pain and mourning thru the keys...my heart breaks for you.
You have been so strong for me, for all of us...I'm feeling confident that he's in Heaven, free from the prison that this disease puts our loved ones in, he's free Joie...I'm confident your loved one has done unselfish good deeds on earth that God recognizes, good deeds, not because he had to, but good deeds that he wanted to do, like for no particular reason. Maybe a good deed in telling you that he didn't want to hurt you anymore, and he wanted you to know how much he loved you. Was he saying good bye for now...? Was he suffering(I believe so) and God saw that and called him home...who knows until you see him again some day.
I hope these are comforting words Joie, you have comforted and supported me in my great times of pain and worry, now you lean on us, continue to lean on your SR family. You are in my thoughts and prayers and here's a HUGE hug dear Joie, from all your SR family...we care so much about you!
Love and support always,
TF
Old 03-27-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Joie. We're all here for you...
Old 03-29-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

(Hugs) I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, Joie.
The emptiness in your heart after losing a loved one is hard to describe.
After seeing this post, I took the time to read your story. You have basically described my life and relationships with addicts, except in better words. I Just want you to know that you're not alone in this, as you have helped many we are all here for you.
I believe that opiate addiction is an epidemic, in May will be the anniversary of the death of my AXBF. Addiction is a terrible disease. It steals people away from us, I just hate it. I truly feel your pain and sorrow, just know that there is light at the end of this dark tunnel. Sending you love and strength