Hi having bad day

Old 02-20-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi having bad day

I just started posting few days ago under how much more do i put my children through .Having a bad day my husband has been out every day since he spent 3 wks in hospital and therapy for his last fall .Surgery on his arm .i t has been hell since hes back in the house .We have so much snow i have not been out for a week my drive is steep and so much snow and ice.Well it hasnt stopped him he walks to the bus almost 3 miles away or someone picks him up.This morning he got a ride home he fell over as he got out of the car i saw him i lost it shouted out if he didnt drink he wouldnt fall .He has his arm in a sling he started cussing at me .My oldest son i told him help him up the got him in the house started ranting to him how i was nuts and crazy .Ihave an appointment Wednesday with an attorney but i feel like its so far away and we are to get more snow hope i can get there i feel im going mad and it seems so far away .Ihope he doesnt fall the bill was huge for last hospital visit hope insurance and medicare covers most of it.Im praying we dont get snow as i want to get out of here before i explode .Sorry im ranting .Iwant to get to some meetings with the kids we all need help.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am glad you are seeing an attorney and are prepared to take good care of yourself. It's sad when someone is so sick with addiction that they do stupid things that endanger their lives.

Have you tried meetings? Al-anon, Nar-anon or CoDA are three terrific fellowships that have brought many of us a lot of comfort and courage. Maybe check your area and give them a try.

Hugs
Old 02-20-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I am glad you are seeing an attorney and are prepared to take good care of yourself. It's sad when someone is so sick with addiction that they do stupid things that endanger their lives.

Have you tried meetings? Al-anon, Nar-anon or CoDA are three terrific fellowships that have brought many of us a lot of comfort and courage. Maybe check your area and give them a try.

Hugs
Hi Ann thank you i have not gone to any meetings in awhile i will be starting again soon.I have felt overwhelmed lately with 3 kids a lot going on feel stressed doing it all.Been house bound a week but hope tomorrow to get out.I find it hard not to scream at him who goes out with an arm in a sling in the snow he falls a lot.I just hate how he treats the kids if he hates me thats fine but kids dont need bad treatment. Iam scared but i cant deal with him anymore .
Old 02-20-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you are afraid of him or of he is abusive toward you or the children, please call a women's shelter near you and talk to them about making a safe plan to escape from all this.

It's hard to make good decisions when you are exhausted emotionally so try to get some rest and just take very good care of yourself and your children. He doesn't sound like he's about to change any time soon, so maybe give thought to what would be in the best interest of the children. One parent in a happy home is healthier than living with both parents in chaos.

We are walking with you, regardless of how you choose to handle this.

Hugs
Old 02-20-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling crazy from being snowed in! I can get that feeling too and I can't get out even if I don't want to go anyplace! Just knowing I'm stuck begins to grate on me!

Hopefully you can get out tomorrow. It will feel so good to drive off!

Is the outside temperature freezing cold too? Sometimes I've found bundling up and going for a short walk in the fresh snow can be refreshing. If you have big dog, he'd love it! My dog always did.

(((hugs)))