Court Date Today

Old 01-21-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Court Date Today

My AH had a court date today for poss. of a controlled substance (heroin) and after 3 hours of him sitting down at court it got postponed a month. I was hoping he would go to jail today. He still sees our kids and I see him a little bit each day and I can't stand it anymore. I want him away from us.
Since he watches the kids while I'm at work, I look at his Google history and he is looking up:
1) Do oral surgeons prescribe hydrocodone
2) Who's prescribing the most hydrocodone
and so on....

Two days ago his partner in crime/gf/sponsee e-mailed him a copy of her husbands insurance card, both front and back. Oh and I forgot to mention he has being looking up dentists all around town.
Sounds like fraud or something very illegal.
And it scares me to death that he cares for our kids each day. My family lives an hour away and I don't have the money to put 2 kids in daycare. I'm on the waiting list for assistance with TWC but it's a long wait. My anxiety is through the roof.
So if he went to jail today at least his mother (enabler) would help with the kids. She currently thinks he is on the right track, going to meetings and working his program. If I wasn't snooping I guess I would think the same thing. But I'm glad to know what's going on and YES I will stop as soon as he is either in jail or the kids are in daycare.
Please pray for my kids. I can't lose my job b/c then I would lose my home and everything I have worked so hard for. I have called so many churches and non-profits but there isn't much/any help out there.
I don't understand how my AH could get caught up into drugs again since he knows all the damage it causes (i.e. family). Then I wonder if he is going to move on to heroin since that was his drug of choice in the past.
Question:
Can you be in a relationship with someone that is an active addict too? Or is it just a partner in crime. She lost her young child to her hubby b/c of her drug problem.
They say money doesn't buy happiness but damn, it sure helps (especially times like this).
Thanks for reading!!
Old 01-21-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I don't understand how my AH could get caught up into drugs again since he knows all the damage it causes (i.e. family).
Well, you don't understand it because you're looking at it rationally. If you look at it from his point of view, he wants to do whatever he wants without paying a price. And then when you or whoever hold him accountable, he's outraged.

I would assume the worst. I would assume he's using, and I would assume every time his lips are moving, he's lying.

Can you be in a relationship with someone that is an active addict too? Or is it just a partner in crime. She lost her young child to her hubby b/c of her drug problem.
I wouldn't consider it a relationship in the healthy, traditional sense. Sick attracts sick. And since they're not going to hold each other accountable for what they do, they're perfect together.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Zoso77, you really know what your talking about. Ever consider going into counseling? You would do well!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Fate2012 View Post
Thank you Zoso77, you really know what your talking about. Ever consider going into counseling? You would do well!
Thanks. But I think I'm a better electrical engineer than I am a counselor.

And rest assured others here would likely tell you the same thing I did, perhaps with different words. So I ain't that special!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wish I had the answers. I send you tight hugs and many prayers for you and your children.