Think That You Can

Old 11-21-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool Think That You Can

Friday, November 21, 2014

Think that you can

What you think of life plays an essential role in what you do with your life. Your thoughts can lock you in a prison of mediocrity or they can push you in each moment to be your spectacular best.

If you think the task will be difficult, tedious, frustrating or painful, it will be. If you think there’s something valuable and enriching to be found in each day, in each situation, in each action, there will be.

Your thoughts decide the course of this day. Even with a whole world of other influences, your thoughts take precedent over how you live.

If you think every bad thing that happens to you is somebody else’s fault, you strip yourself of the ability to do anything positive. If you think of yourself as ultimately responsible no matter who does what, you will consistently take yourself to beautiful, fulfilling places.

Objective reality is the way it is. What you think about that reality determines what you accomplish with it and how you live.

There is a way to live true to your highest vision of life. Think that you can, do what you think, and you will.

— Ralph Marston
Old 11-21-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you think the task will be difficult, tedious, frustrating or painful, it will be. If you think there’s something valuable and enriching to be found in each day, in each situation, in each action, there will be.
As most of you know, I have been facing breast cancer and I believe am winning the battle. My follow up visit has shown that it did not spread and I am grateful for that and the radiation and further treatment is just "doing the "do" stuff" to finish the job.

It hasn't been easy, but it's been doable because I just take it one day at a time, one test, one surgery, one follow-up, one treatment after another until they are done, then a better life to live when all the "doing" is done.

I realize this is an addiction/recovery site, but my point is that my recovery saw me through these hard days and reminded me to live my days well, even the bad ones, and I will continue to do that until there are only good days ahead....well, none of us gets ALL good days but today my ordinary days seem very good to me.

Breaking things down into "doable" portions has always been a good lesson for me. Also I learned early in recovery not to "awfulize" any situation. As Forrest Gump said "It's just one more thing", and any one of us can do "one more thing".

When you put your mind to living your life well, one day will do it because that's the day you change one little thing...and then another...and another...doing the "do" things you need to do to get on a better path.

You CAN be happy again, you CAN live well in a healthy environment, you CAN change what you need to change to get there.

Nobody promised that it will be easy, life often is not, but it CAN be better if we are willing to do what we need to do to make it that way.

Hugs
Old 11-21-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow Ann I see you on here all the time but since I'm pretty new here, I don't know your story. I didn't know you've been dealing with breast cancer. But I can't imagine that being a battle that a lady such as yourself wouldn't win. Gentle toughness can beat anything. Someday hopefully I'll be so lucky as to have obtained your kind of calm and wisdom. Lots of prayers and hugs to you!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks, Waitingforhope. I'm doing okay and all that I have learned in my recovery has helped me stay positive and walk through the fire, so to speak, and most of all to know that my Higher Power (who I call God) has already got this covered.

Attitude is everything and when we think we CAN, we are already half way there.

I believe we are what we think, so keeping our thoughts positive and on the goal ahead will see us far.

Hugs
Old 11-21-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Thank you so much for this post Ann. I really needed to read that today.
I am really glad that the results are good and that it did not spread

Hugs
Old 11-21-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm delighted to hear you are getting healthier. I'm sure a lot has to do with your outlook and positive attitude. I must remember to use the principles I am learning in my recovery from co-dependency in other areas of my life. It does help tremendously.
Thank you for your inspiring post!