It's been awhile

Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been awhile

So I didn't throw my RAH out when he relapsed again. I made myself believe the first relapse was only a lapse and made excuses because he was honest with me. Well, he was good for a few days and then things went down hill for a week. I did not kick him out. He's now back in a suboxone clinic and i'm not monitoring or checking up on him.

I have stayed in my own lane. I am down over 50lbs from January and am really proud of myself and my healthy progress. It's isn't about getting skinny but being healthy. I have stuck with my commitments and log all my food that I have eaten for over 9 months. I have kept all my self promises. I also take care of my kids and they are happy and thriving.

I have to say that i'm not sure why I went through my difficult time without the support of this forum. I know that my entire life with him is a risk. Yet, divorcing him or leaving him, I just can't imagine. I worry about this killing him. I still protect myself. Nothing has gone missing, he's helping tremendously in the home and with our kids and financially. I guess i'm just hoping things work out. Moving forward.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your weight loss, that is awesome! Glad to hear you are taking good care of you!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I second hopeful4.....what an awesome execution of sticking
to your goal!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear KeepinItReal,
Cheers to your healthy choices! You, my friend, are such an inspiring example of taking care of YOU first, then your dear RAH. It feels good to feel love and hope and be a family on solid ground. It WAS worth it.
Hugs,
TF
Old 10-13-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

KeepinItReal - CONGRATS!!! Nice work in your self care. Thank you for inspiring me to get back to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-13-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its so good to see an update from you! Ive been touched by all your prior posts and how great an example you are for all of us. I remember when you started the weight loss earlier this year, amazing work !! Im so happy for you. It sounds like good news with your husband too. Post more often !!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your weight loss...I have finally been able to do something similar amidst the addicts in my life--most current an AD on heroin. I didn't know if that was something healthy for me...but find that I enjoy eating healthier and not 'losing it' when the active addiction is there. I have held firm on that and perhaps...you helped me see...this is part of the self care that so many have encouraged for me over the years...but which I simply couldn't seem to do for longer term. God Bless...and grateful for your post.