The Stillness Within

Old 10-12-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am feeling good today...because...when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.

I bought a snazzy new "weekender" bag with compartments everywhere and room inside for all my "stuff" and nightwear and change of clothes...and I can throw it in the car whenever I travel in case I need to stay overnight. Unpacked it is very light, unlike any suitcases I own, and it's a nice grey wool-kinda fabric that will colour coordinate with any surroundings.

Vale, I am taking my phone with me and will have access to SR at all times. I have promised a few single ladies here to snap pics of any eligible doctors I pass in my travels, I hope I don't get thrown out of the hospital for that. Wednesday is my day to meet the "team" and my doctor, review my tests and probably have more run including an MRI and then discuss treatment and options. I like that I get to say which treatment I choose and will be able to do that when they explain each possible course of action.

Regardless of whether it is a short journey or a longer one (I am rooting for short), I will be here with bells on and checking up on a particular duck I know who tends to get all quacky when things go awry.

I truly do feel okay with this, I have tons of support, good health to back me up, good doctors and facilities and God's got my back.

Now I need to baste the turkey on this day of gratitude called Thanksgiving. Vale, I said TURKEY not duck, and the bird died happily of old age and donated his body to my dinner...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ann, sending my thoughts and prayers with you on your journey! You have given me and so many others such comfort and inspiration, and my wish is that it will all be coming back to you three-fold in the days to come. Your bag sounds so snazzy! I love a good bag. Having one always makes me feel so organized and grounded when away from home. Hugs to you!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

(((Ann))). I thought we agreed the lump was going to be nothing....nada, zilch, zip. Boy, you will do anything for my/our attention, won't you?!

I am just so happy to know your faith is strong, your support is wide and your attitude is amazing. Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts - my dear, kind, beautiful and wonderful friend.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ann wrote:
Regardless of whether it is a short journey or a longer one (I am rooting for short), I will be here with bells on and checking up on a particular duck I know who tends to get all quacky when things go awry.
==============================================
Yeah, he DOES get all quacky.......don't act all surprised------he's a DUCK for crying
out loud......what do you expect?........him to MOO like a cow?

And he's upset that his SR mentor is going through this..... and he's GOING to be
a PITA about it. It's authentic emotion and this flying fowl is going to authentically FEEL
it and not pretend it isn't happening----or hide behind some substance barrier to feeling.

People won't come here just to read what that moronic duck has done today to
insult the English language------but thousands tune in to Ann and the gentle, kind
wisdom she brings to the world.....to include unnamed moronic ducks.

So do you get the picture? I don't WANT a good prognosis-----I DEMAND one.
So do you want to see a duck TRULY come unglued? I think not!

Don't test me. A good prog on wednesday. No hemming/ no hawing.

You have your instructions.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Vale, did you miss the memo? The one that said "No Worrying Allowed". Fretting does not become you, it adds wrinkles to your brow.

And LMN, pfffftttt...I am not giving this lump power over me, I am kicking it to the curb...well that could be painful considering where it is, but you know what I mean. Perhaps you could amuse Vale for a day or two while I am gone and keep him distracted. Distraction is a big part of recovery and surely you can knit little duck coats as the cold weather approaches.

This codie knows how to do the "do" things and I promise you that I will not be fretting along the way.

And LMN and single ladies here...I will be taking pictures of handsome and available doctors that I may meet along the way...the line forms to the left!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hmmmm? I will be on the next plane, make mine about 55-58, with a full head of nice hair, teeth and preferably a department or division Chief. (they do not have to take oncall).

no golf, but a pilot's license is nice.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Heck, I'll settle for a nice man. Send those pics...I don't want to grow old, alone.
Thinking of you always Ann.
TF
Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and praying, Ann.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Prayers friend for healing and strength for the journey.
qwer
Old 10-13-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks you all for wrapping me in your blessings.

Today is getting my things in order, packing my snazzy new bag, checking the hospital checklist, checking my own checklist, and preparing dishes for Mr. Ann to eat while I am away. He's too sick to make the trip...he's doing okay but a few hours is as much as he can handle without needing a rest so I have a dear friend who will meet me at the hospital early and spend the day with me there.

I am leaving tomorrow around 2 pm to drive to the city and will spend the night with another dear friend so Wednesday morning won't be too hectic before I even begin. I am taking taxi's so don't even have to worry about driving.

So if I disappear off the radar here, you know I will be scouting out cute doctors and will be back soon...hopefully within a day or two unless they want me to stay for surgery right away...I have no idea right now and am not worried.

I am still feeling good, I think I will be a little nervous Wed. but that is normal I think. I am taking you all with me in spirit...they better have a big waiting room.

Hugs to each of you.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Do you REALLY think Vale is so
easily distracted by bright/ shiny
objects!?!?
I'll have you know I.....(Vale
stutters in mid sentence to chase
red laser dot across the floor----no
doubt at the behest of one of Ann's
henchwomen)

Dumb duck!!!

We ALL we be a little nervous Wednesday.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ann, we will be with you, you know it.

And I believe the ritual is to marry off the oldest daughter, right? So, that means me first, I think.

sending hugs to surround you.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Dear Ann,
We joke with you and I hope we are placing a smile on your loyal, supportive, caring face.
We all will be thinking and praying and clinging to sweet hope...that you are returned to us ASAP!
And, can I have the second-daughter ritual choice in finding me a new love? Ha ha!
So we will be put in the very capable hands of the "The Big Sweet Duck", second in command, to look after us, keep us in line and safe...until you are well and return to your army who loves you very, very much.
Only good thoughts, happy positive thoughts, not only do we love you, but God loves you more!
TF
Old 10-13-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

codie bus is fired up!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's a big big hospital, there will be enough doctors for everyone. My doctor is a woman so I can't help you there but I will make sure there are enough for the eldest daughters at least and hopefully some left over for the young 'uns.

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon...I know, it probably seems like I've been leaving for a week, lol. But I will be busy tomorrow so limited here. You will all be with me, if you are good I'll give you a ride with me to the city and save you running up and down these hills. Vale, you can fly and lead the way.

Hugs and love to all of you.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We love you Ann. Can't wait until it's over and you're back home.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Second in command! What is this, a battlefield promotion?
Last week I was cleaning latrines ( and thankful noone
figured out my lack of qualifications for THAT position).
Now it's holding the fort down as Ann goes all
hospitally on us!
Normally, a leaders calling is to keep morale up
(no matter how much things suck)----but clearly, if
you are seriously thinking of bestowing the SIC slot
on Vale.......the wheels are clearly coming off the boat!
Yet another reason for good news from Ann.Preferably
wednesday....preferably in the form of " mistaken identity"
(test results mixed up) .......the lump is not 'there' but in her
right forefinger------the result of repeatedly deleting Vales posts.
If there was a direct correlation between prayers and
outcomes, that'd what it'd be.So no SIC slot-----no Vice Ann,
there is no other Ann in this flock------and to be truthful,
the duck suppression problem would rapidly spiral out of
control without her kind gentle countenance.
Just the usual bullcrap, from a duck trying very hard
to be brave.

Our very best wishes, dear Lady.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Just the usual bullcrap, from a duck trying very hard
to be brave.

Our very best wishes, dear Lady.
Will someone please remember to feed the duck...and maybe give him a hug now and then?

I have a few things to do this morning...like packing, lol...then will be on my way. I hope they will do the procedure while I am already there but I have a feeling the first day is more tests and consultations...time will tell. Either way, I will be back before you can miss me..much.

Boy will my doctor be surprised to see about 249 friends and a duck walk into the room with me. I KNOW you will be there in spirit and that alone makes this entire journey much nicer and so much less scary.

Love you all...from the bottom of my heart. See you soon.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I have some stale bagels and cornbread for the ducks.

Ann, we are all with you, and your new mascot is waiting for you on the fluffalina thread, waiting for a blackened salmon.

I hope this can be one stop shopping since you are traveling and they work you into the OR schedule the next day, since it is a holiday week, they might be less booked up.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Dear Ann,
I'll give the Sweet Duck something to do...
I made some chicken (NOT DUCK) soup for my son and some for you and some for all of us!
So send the Sweet Duck over and I'll strap some of it to his very capable
and loving wings. And he will soar over to that hospital and if the GPS is working
properly, deliver it to you in time for dinner, ok Ann?
And, yes, I will make sure the "Duck" is fed and taken care of, until you return
to us. Hurry up and get better already!!
Love and soup coming to you from all of us, the faithful army of followers!
TF