Has he been using?

Old 10-07-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Has he been using?

I had decided I have had enough and told my husband I wanted a divorce. He has been telling me he's clean. This weekend fri-sun he came home and even took the saboxone in front of me the entire time. Now today he's withdrawing, throwing up, etc.... Does that mean after he left my house on Sunday he at some point used? Since he's been taking the sabaxone, he can't be sick from last week when he "stopped". I know the answer but he will tell be he didn't and he has the good ole food poisoning- which he claims he gets almost very month. Is he sick bc he used too close to the sabaxone?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are done then you are done. Does it matter if he used or not? Because it really shouldn’t be about what he is or isn’t doing, but what you need to do for you to have a most wonderful life.

So what do you need and want from this life?

In terms of the sub, below a quick education.

Using sub will stop the sickness. Hell just like using a drug will.

If he is taking it daily he shouldn’t be sick. If he hasn’t taken it since this past weekend, and I am confused there as to if he is still on it, he will get sick, go into wd.

You do not get sick using with sub in your system. You may or may not get high, depends on sub dose, last time you took it and what opiate/opioid you took …

You can get sick from taking sub to soon after using. But that is typically violent, wd hits instantly all symptoms of wd now, there is no build up. Precipitated wd is nasty and most who play the on off game know when it is safe to go back on sub after they used.

Maybe he is out. Monthly sickness in my experience means I am out and am taking nothing. Might be the only time the truth is evident.

And clean, well clean isn’t recovery. Active addiction isn’t dependent of actively taking a drug … is so much more and the drug use is just a symptom of the disease.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok so how soon does precipitated withdrawal start after you take the sub too close to using. Would you get sick within 24 hours? 48 hours?

My husband gets sick every month bc he uses both interchangeable.

He was putting the sub in his mouth infront of me but who knows, maybe as soon as he turned around he took it out? I never watched it dissolve. So I'm not sure if he actually took the subs all weekend. All I know is that he claimed he did and now today he is going through withdrawal. And I trying to figure out what the truth is bc I can't get any truth fe him.

Yes I am done but I have two small babies. I need to make sure they are safe when they are with him. And I obviously need a lot of help to stop being so codependent. Thank you for your help
Old 10-07-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your babies need to be safe and not be in a home alone (or even with you there) with an active user. You can pretty much assume that you will not ever get the truth from him about his drug use, especially if he is telling you he has food poisoning, even at this point in the "game."
Old 10-07-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Addicts in active addiction aren't capable of telling the truth ...

But then I have to change that because you already know the truth, you really don't need to hear it, do you? And honestly I found I always got the truth when I stopped asking for it.

Sub is an interesting drug if you are going to go into precipitated wd it will happen not long after you took your sub dose. No one I know would repeat that if it happens once. You learn real quick not to make that mistake again.

You could be seeing the waiting out period between last use and taking sub, but only he knows and he ain't sharing.

You could also be seeing a man who sold their sub for drugs and is out ... and basically screwed until next script. Hence monthly sickness.

And I could go on more with scenarios, but none of that will help you, because you don't need to understand him ... If he isn't showing any signs of a commitment to recovery then you are left with active addiction. That is the only guide you really need to go from here, isn't it?

Seek out all the help you can get for yourself because you are worth your time!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Is he sick bc he used too close to the sabaxone?
I don't think it matters at this point. You've got babies that need your attention. And let's face it: whenever his lips are moving, he's lying through his teeth.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes I am done but I have two small babies. I need to make sure they are safe when they are with him.

best to assume they are NOT safe with him. ever. heroin addicts don't make good babysitters.

as for why he's sick? does it REALLY matter? it's not food poisoning...it's not the flu. it is definitely drug related. that's all you need to know....he is not CLEAN or HEALTHY or RELIABLE.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I realized I could no longer trust my X b/c of his addiction, I simply functioned as a single mom w/my kids. They could not ride in the car w/him, they could not stay home alone w/him, I did it all. While it was a hassle, and I had to ask for help from friends and family sometimes, I was ever so grateful to know they are safe.