Cannot take much more

Old 10-08-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

We will ALWAYS believe in you Twofish.

ALWAYS.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Dear SR,
Thank you Vale, your support is real and I can feel it, I can feel it from all of YOU.
Speaking of YOU, the addiction bus riders, those who feel the pain, worry and guilt and blame, that comes to us...the moms, dads, friends and family, all I can say is seek out support, tell someone, it does get better.
If this is but a fraction of what a recovering person feels...there is no difference between us, We all suffer when the dust settled. I AM NOT ALONE.
Sleep finally found me last night and now that I'm wide awake, I will face today with hope.
I AM NOT ALONE.
No tears, (well maybe a few) or second guessing or "what iffing" will be consuming me today.
My mission is not that difficult,... find some legal support, today.
Busy morning for me and God willing, legal support will be found.
To a peaceful Thursday,
TF
Old 10-09-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yes Twofish you are certainly not alone.......you have so many friends here walking beside you.

I believe you will find the attorney that will represent you in the best way moving forward. I really do. The one who's perfect for you and will fight the hardest for you is there. Perhaps today is the day you find that attorney.

God brings people into your life for a reason and at the perfect time. Our wisdom is limited...as in not sure which attorney would be best for our case. We can try our best to find that one person...maybe through references or whatever.....but I believe God knows all and will lead you to that perfect one. So if one does not except your case....it means that's not the one who will fight the hardest for you. Basically, what is meant to be will be and will be the best.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

((Twofish)))
Old 10-09-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My husband of 25 years wanted a divorce...my son was in addiction my daughter soon followed. I was in shock. I was sad. I was scared. I understand TF.

Just keep walking....allowing others to help and reach out. We are here with you.

The perfect attorney...you will find. He can't just hold onto assets. Once you get an attorney that will stop.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
part time member

Good thing that you are using different attorneys. My sister's husband told her that they could save money if they used the same attorney. Wow did she get shafted!

And, everything I read tells you to go and take 1/2 of the money out of the checking account. It is half yours. Can't believe that he went and took out ALL of it...you know what you are dealing with now. If you have a will...rewrite it. You don't need an attorney for that. Just change the words and have it notorized.

((hugs))
Old 10-09-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

There's always a paper trail Twofish..he won't get away with removing all the funds.

He'll owe you half of what he took. If you have any other accounts available to you REMOVE half now. It's perfectly legal.

Also, since you don't work the Judge will most likely hold your Husband responsible for all attorney's fees! Your did plenty of work at home raising a family, mostly alone.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I second Opivotal,there is always a paper trail.
The one priceless moment for you in this whole
evolution will be when the judge wipes that smirk
off his face and 'loosens' his control of his elimination
functions....as in:

"Nice car! Nice place!! Nice chickee in the pic.Now
answer my question ( a question put to you by a judge
may be considered technically interrogative-----
but trust me-----they are in the imperative!)

"......... or trust me, you will leave my court without
2 of the 3.......and when you are broke with no roof or wheels
the third will lose interest."

It's the oldest game in the book, Twofish. The sad thing is
that every last banal one of them thinks they invented it.

.........until the smirk gets wiped off their face.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Twofish, I am saddened to read your H has cleaned out the accounts. It really shows his character. I believe you will find the right attorney who will fight for you and get what you are rightly entitled to. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. God is good and I believe He will watch over you. Look what you have come through and you survived. No, you are not alone and I was smiling seeing that you are feeling so free of this stigma and that you are talking to others and getting the much needed support you need. You have come so far and you are so strong. You will get through this Twofish and it will be ok. It's ok to cry and get out your feelings. It will help you move forward. Hugs to you.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My Friends at SR,
God certainly walks with us. First, Txhelp, I'm sorry you or anyone has felt this kind of inner pain and sorrow. To walk away from the one person trying to hold it all together, is cruel, selfish and makes the situation wreak of drama.
I didn't walk away but I did
hesitate for 1/2 second as I entered the attorneys office, "this is it...I AM NOT ALONE", then I opened the door.
The office was nice and clean. I was greeted and offered coffee and water. Filled out a form, and the attorney himself came out to get me, I was startled and he apologized.
We talked for hours about life, marriage, my children, the disease of addiction, the way I was treated, dogs, his background, my background, abuse and what are my rights. He looked at the phone text and the 2013 taxes and then he looked at me.
His fees are based on what he wants to charge. He asked for 1/2 his charges at this time. Then he told me it was going to be alright. Some rough times will be coming, but it will be alright. Two days in a row I've had F2F support, I've missed so much. Yes, help me.
He walked me to the door reached his hand out to shake mine, and I hugged him.
So long I have been alone, judged and felt guilty and worried. This morning, I breathed and I walked to my car feeling hope in my heart.
There's no going back now. But I AM NOT ALONE.
Yes it still hurts and I'm frightened, but, I have a plan in place.
If this helps ONE person reading what has happened to me, then it's all been worth it.
Thank you for listening and for the sweet hope and support!
Please keep it coming my way.
TF
Old 10-09-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Three days...and look how far you have come, TwoFish! So very hard, and yet you have been so strong and brave to take such a hit and move on with dignity. Your relief is palpable. Your recovery work is "shining," as Ann says. Have a peaceful and calm evening.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Twofish,

You always blather on and on and on about what WE do for YOU.
Shut up for a minute and listen what you do for US.

You refill our souls. You teach us courage. You demonstrate to all
the lurkers that have yet to scribe one post......what courage IS.

It's not charging into a machine gun nest (THAT's for idiots).

It's putting one foot in front of the other when you are scared
SH*TLESS!

That is what your lesson to us is. And we thank you for it.

Funny thing about divorces. The man, used to bullying all those
years----cannot believe the 'little lady' could ever find the gumption
to consult a professional. When she does, he thinks the 'good ole boys
network' is 'gonna save him.....nod/nod/wink wink...."c'mon guys,
she's just a crazy bit*h!".

Vale, though no more clairvoyant than the next duck.....still has
a prediction to make......

Buddy, that is going to be one MONSTROUSLY expensive text.

Maybe the presiding judge will have a sense of humor and say....

"Can your hear me now?"

[as a service to our international SR readers,
this refers to a massive media blitz
by a major telecommunications vendor]
Old 10-09-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Twofish I am so proud of you for going to see the attorney and glad he explained everything and put you at ease if even a little bit.
You have come SO FAR and learned so much about taking care of yourself and doing what needs to be done no matter how hard.
Believe it when Vale says this will help others. You are definitely not alone and unfortunately there are others here in SR who have walked or are walking in similar shoes.

Keep moving forward, chin up, head held high and whatever you do, don't erase that text!
Wishing you a peaceful calm evening.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Twofish, you are an inspiration...thank you.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
TwoFish...

During some of my darkest days, when I was at my most vulnerable, I told myself one thing repeatedly.

Blinders on, shields up.

This betrays that I'm a little bit of a Trekkie. But the affirmation this little saying carried a lot of power for me. It meant I'm going to focus on what I have to do, and I was going to protect myself as best I could.

So, focus on what you have to do, and watch yourself. The road's about to get real bumpy. But you can handle it. I know you can handle it.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Twofish,

I am a long time reader/lurker and finally registered. I have followed your story since you first started posting. Your recovery is shining! You are a strong, determined woman and a great mother. I know you can handle this and come out of it even stronger.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I am sorry for this blow to you. I was out-of-town last week, and when I came home, my husband said, "You were gone for 6 days and there was no drama here." When I got back all hell broke loose with my addict 21 year old son. I feel so badly about this because my husband is their step-father, their bio father has practically nothing to do w/my 2 adult sons, and he lives less than a mile away. Please don't be manipulated by any demands. Get an attorney and do not agree to anything! What a Pu y to text you.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Twofish, hose him down and take him to the cleaners, rootin for ya.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Twofish,

I am a long time reader/lurker and finally registered. I have followed your story since you first started posting. Your recovery is shining! You are a strong, determined woman and a great mother. I know you can handle this and come out of it even stronger.
==============================================

See what I mean? Welcome Jaeger! We are as impressed with
Twofish as you are. She thought she was alone, against the wall,
etc. Little did she realize that she was a shining beacon of hope to
others.

Twofish: Now with the power to turn lurkers into posters. I'm pretty sure she never knew she had it in her!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Dear SR,
Welcome Jaeger, I will read your story soon, thank you for your support and taking the time to read mine.
Ok, I'm in a big panic right now, my courage is running low, I'm not going to cry or run from this, I opened my bank statement and he did what he threatened...only deposited a portion of his check. What am I gonna do, keeps running thru my mind like a copy machine does. I AM NOT ALONE IAM NOT ALONE. Don't cry TF, breathe just breathe
He did what he said he would and now I have all these bills...my cell phone still works, I still have food in my frig and some gasoline in the car. Breathe.
I AM NOT ALONE. but I do have to wake my son up for school.
It has happened and I have to breathe and I AM NOT ALONE. Breathe.
TF