Seriously?

Old 09-29-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seriously?

So AH really showed his butt last night he got wasted and started punching holes in our walls, so I called the police! Enough is enough! So the police found weed and a pipe on him and were still trying to leave him home with me and our 3 kids! Um NO! They were like well he's to drunk to go to jail. I said ok take him to hospital. They were like ya but then they would call you to pick him up. Can't u and the kids leave?? Um NO! I stood my ground as this is our home too and since he was acting crazy and it's his mess he can leave and he could also find his way somewhere else to stay if they did release him from the hospital! Needless to say they finally took him to jail mainly because he had a warrant in another county. I asked if there was any way to prevent him from coming back here and I was told no not really since he's not domestically violent a lot. Seriously!? I have a consultation with a lawyer Wednesday am for a second opinion. I'm tired of always having to "leave" with our boys. Funny because it was my paycheck that paid the rent!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This sounds like some serious abuse. If your husband is essentially living with you if your paycheck is paying the bills, why are you still holding on to the abuse? Are there reasons why you can't leave him? Do you think this is a safe environment for you and your children?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

His paychecks do help but I am going to have to figure out how to make it on my own. Have stayed because I keep hoping one day we can live the happily ever after. I haven't left him because of finances and then there's the stubborn part of me that thinks he should leave. This is my childrens home. No not even a remotely stable environment. It's sad when you take the blinders off and look at the situation as it really is, but necessary. I do not want my boys to ever think that it's acceptable behavior. They've seen too much and have had to deal with too much.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was there too. I stuck around because of financial reasons and because I wanted it all to work out for the best. I saved and waited for the very right time to leave. I planned my escape for a year. If I were you, I would do the same. I wish you peace.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Have stayed because I keep hoping one day we can live the happily ever after.
Allow me to be frank.

Your children are depending on you to make not only the best decisions for yourself, but for them, too. And the longer you continue to "hope" that your AH will smarten up, you give him more opportunities to behave the way you describe above. It's simply unacceptable, both for you and your kids, to be in that environment. And the one person that can change this is you.

When dealing with someone in active addiction, you need to make decisions based on what you know to be true, not what you hope will happen.

Ann has a sticky note on abuse on our homepage. If you have not done so, I encourage you to check it out.

We're here to give you strength and support. We care about you and your kids. But you and you alone are responsible for the safety and well being of yourself and your kids. Do what is necessary before he punches something other than a wall.

God bless, and be safe.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your right it is unacceptable behavior that I've allowed me and my kids to stay around too long. Thanks for the info about the sticky. It's time Ii take control of my life and provide a stable environment for my kids.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by heartbrokenK View Post
Your right it is unacceptable behavior that I've allowed me and my kids to stay around too long. Thanks for the info about the sticky. It's time Ii take control of my life and provide a stable environment for my kids.
Well, remember you're not alone. You've got us, too.

Keep us posted.