I Tried....

Old 09-07-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Tried....

i spent 6 months apart from my AXGF and then around Xmas time i broke, let her talk to me and we decided to give it another shot. things were great. we would talk, laugh, be in love again and have a semi normal relationship.
about 5 months in i started noticing the change. i started feeling like i had gotten back onto the all to familiar ride. she started becoming less available, anytime i was around her she would constantly fall asleep, or at least close her eyes. i knew all the signs so i started distancing myself. finally one day her mom finds track marks, another insanely scary thing because she had now gone from snorting to shooting...bringing it to a whole other level. the reason was she though that she could do dope again from time to time and it would be ok. instead it all spiraled all out of control, like usual.
so now were here...back again...today i called her and told how much i love her and how beautiful of a person that she is but i cant do it anymore. ive been through so much that all i want is a normal life and to be happy. the hardest thing is that i got a taste of how good it could be if she was just able to get everything together. i told her that i want to date her for who she is, not the person she wants to be.
for some reason though i have this insane feeling of guilt, like im abandoning her. and i know i def have co-dependant tendencies because i feel like im the one that can make her happy...save her..classic cod thinking.
the whole thing just sucks and makes me so sad that this ******* drug takes over the persons life and sucks everything out of them.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are going through this again. Addiction is a nasty thing to battle. Only until she is ready to let go of it will she be "the person that she is". But right now she IS being the person that she is...the addict.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

she is back in recovery. after her mom found the track marks she went in. went to florida and now she's trying to figure out her next move. but your right....she says shes feling better but who knows how long that will last for
Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theotherhalf View Post
i spent 6 months apart from my AXGF and then around Xmas time i broke, let her talk to me and we decided to give it another shot. things were great. we would talk, laugh, be in love again and have a semi normal relationship.
about 5 months in i started noticing the change. i started feeling like i had gotten back onto the all to familiar ride. she started becoming less available, anytime i was around her she would constantly fall asleep, or at least close her eyes. i knew all the signs so i started distancing myself. finally one day her mom finds track marks, another insanely scary thing because she had now gone from snorting to shooting...bringing it to a whole other level. the reason was she though that she could do dope again from time to time and it would be ok. instead it all spiraled all out of control, like usual.
so now were here...back again...today i called her and told how much i love her and how beautiful of a person that she is but i cant do it anymore. ive been through so much that all i want is a normal life and to be happy. the hardest thing is that i got a taste of how good it could be if she was just able to get everything together. i told her that i want to date her for who she is, not the person she wants to be.
for some reason though i have this insane feeling of guilt, like im abandoning her. and i know i def have co-dependant tendencies because i feel like im the one that can make her happy...save her..classic cod thinking.
the whole thing just sucks and makes me so sad that this ******* drug takes over the persons life and sucks everything out of them.
Hi kiddo.... prayers and so many of us with you. on this dark path.. and the terrible thing is it never gets better... your not married just dating.. stay here and scream go to work and chat with people that your know do not use any type of drugs or drinks... for life is to short and laughter and love to hard to find.. guilt.. on leaving someone behind yep because you care.. but .. in the long run you never left them behind they just walked away from you.. hugs a Mom a lady with the problem with hubby and love all of you so much for being here...
Old 09-09-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
the reason was she though that she could do dope again from time to time and it would be ok. instead it all spiraled all out of control, like usual.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman thought it would be OK to start drinking again after 20+ years of recovery. And look how that ended. The biggest lies an addict tells are to themselves.

for some reason though i have this insane feeling of guilt, like im abandoning her.
So even though you took the risk in taking her back, you feel guilty?

There comes a time when circumstances force us to make decisions we don't want to make. You took her back on the condition she'd take care of herself. She didn't hold her end of the bargain up, and you did what you had to do.

She is what she is. Ask yourself if this is really how you want to live your life.