Am I allowed to recommend a book?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I allowed to recommend a book?

I am reading a really good book right now that is helpful for parents of adult children who are addicts or have mental health issues.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People do it all the time. Unless you self published it and are posting a link to your website to sell copies or something, lol. There's a whole sticky thread in the aca forum where one of the mods asked for book recommendations. Self help reading is an important part of recovery for many people. I always appreciate knowing about books that have helped others.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OK. The book is "When Your Adult Child Breaks Your Heart: Coping With Mental Illness, Substance Abuse and the Problems that Tear Families Apart" by Joel Young, MD, with Christine Adamac. I couldn't get it at the library (it was always out) so I ordered it on my Kindle.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for referencing your book. I am getting ready to go out of the country for a month and this book sounds like it is right up my alley. I hope that it brought you peace and comfort. I am always looking (and still not finding in totality) that.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for the referral. I may find a copy for myself. Even though it has been over 10 years since I heard from my son, I am still doing a lot of work on myself and healing from old wounds.

It's perfectly find to suggest helpful books here, as long as you don't link to a commercial site or have a vested interest in the publication.

Hugs
Old 09-01-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you!