Wishing Twofish and her daughter a happy sendoff!

Old 08-30-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

>>>>>>My daughter felt her baby move for the first time and she was thrilled<<<<<

Fantastic, Twofish.........simply FANTASTIC!

Old 08-30-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

SR,
Thanks for keeping this thread alive dear SR. I know it might sound corny, but I wish in some way, that it put a smile or a glimmer of "sweet hope" in the lives of those who read it. It is a way for those who suffer from this disease to see how the other side feels, how the mommas and dads suffer just as much as the affected loved one suffers.
This is a disease that targets not only the recovering, but anyone caring for the addict. Yes, when it feels like mom is mean or mom cut me off or kicked me out, please see now that mom did it out of love to you.
Yes, you hurt, yes you suffer and yes "we" see this. Put yourself in our place, what would you do? We are suffering too.
May you someday find that sobriety that us mommas live with and love so dearly.
TF
Old 08-30-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Twofish that is so true....hopefully they will see how their actions effect the people who love them the most! Hope you have a nice weekend!
Old 08-30-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Twofish View Post
SR,
Thanks for keeping this thread alive dear SR. I know it might sound corny, but I wish in some way, that it put a smile or a glimmer of "sweet hope" in the lives of those who read it. It is a way for those who suffer from this disease to see how the other side feels, how the mommas and dads suffer just as much as the affected loved one suffers.
This is a disease that targets not only the recovering, but anyone caring for the addict. Yes, when it feels like mom is mean or mom cut me off or kicked me out, please see now that mom did it out of love to you.
Yes, you hurt, yes you suffer and yes "we" see this. Put yourself in our place, what would you do? We are suffering too.
May you someday find that sobriety that us mommas live with and love so dearly.
TF
================================================
This thread will be alive as long as you need it to be. If it dies we'll
make another thread...if SR dies we'll make another website.....if the WWW
dies, we'll create YYY (I was 'gonna say XXX, the next letter--but that sounds too nasty!).
Point is, ducks never STAY taped to the wall, and the human spirit can
never be defeated. Peace to you and your daughters my friend.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

How wonderful that she felt the baby move...and she is sober. I love good news.

*puts the duck tape away for some other day.*
Old 08-30-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

*puts the duck tape away for some other day.*

==============================================
Ann had SAID that BEFORE......in an attempt to bushwhack me
into duct-tape strike range!

Vale
(Ducks don't get this old without being cagey!)
Old 08-31-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

She left today, to return to her very "new" husband. She looked rushed and not wanting to go. She feels safe here, protected.
And she is as long as she honors her sobriety (so far so good!)
She will be gone a week and then return "here" for her weekly sessions with the counselor
And see her Subutex Dr. This is a five hour drive each way, long and exhausting, but this is the small price she has to pay to keep her sobriety and live the life she wants to live.
She is on the waiting list(s) to see some different Drs. up by where she is living. Maybe soon, one of them will have an opening and take her in as a patient.
Until then, this is how she will manage her recovery, meetings, support and maintaence meds. Her little unborn baby deserves the best and the hardest fight she can give him and herself.
So I will go back to taking care of myself and my son. He starts school on Tuesday and for some reason, is looking forward to being a sophomore in high school! And I am grateful for this.... Having the front row seat to addiction, takes it's toll on us.
I pray that addiction never enters his world and decides to take him too.
TF
Old 09-29-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Dear SR,
Bringing this thread back to life because life is so precious.
I'm so nervous and worried right now and reading about other people's problems is distracting me and letting me see how far I've come.
Recap...
My older RAD, in recovery on Subutex and 24 weeks pregnant, goes for the 2nd anatomy scan Tuesday morning. They found a cyst on the baby boys brain at 20weeks, although Ann and Vale and other members have assured me this will be ok, that the cyst will most likely be gone, I can't help but PUSH that worry button.
Due to some physical violence between her dad and me (don't want to get into that right now) we can't be together in the same room and he insists that HE goes with her instead of me. I went last time so he said its his turn to support her. (Sounds like 1st grade?) I don't want a confrontation at the OBs office and my daughter understands.
So, I am asking SR to send up a few prayers for this little unborn baby, and his mom. She has suffered by the choices she has made, but is grateful for her therapy and progress.
She has not used for over a year now.
I know it is what it is, but, there is a good chance that the cyst will be gone and the worry and blame will ease up some. Our grandson will be just fine.
I will be holding her hand in spirit tomorrow. She's so frightened and worried and blaming herself for this...
Thanks SR, I will keep you updated
TF
Old 09-29-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Prayers your way and the way of your daughter and grandson; please let us know how the scan goes.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

TF....You are all in my prayers. When I read your posts and see how far you have all come in a relatively short amount of time, I am amazed by all of you. Thank you for sharing, please keep us updated!

Much love and many hugs coming your way!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing the wedding and happy for the happy day.

I am sending up prayers for your daughter and husband and you...for the baby's health...to be perfect.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

All best wishes and prayers for each and every one of you. Sorry for the hard times, Twofish. It would be hard for me to not push that worry button, too!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good Morning SR,
I've been up and awake on pins and needles with anxiety. Texting my daughter supportive and positive messages...
She just text, one of the brain cysts has dissolved and the other one hasn't changed in size. The Drs are not worried about it either.
This daughter was born with a foot deformity that was surgically corrected when she was 6 months old(club foot). And to her great relief, her unborn son has two well formed BIG feet!
She is breathing now and more relaxed. She feared that her baby would suffer the consequence of her previous drug use and abuse and maybe the Subutex she remains on.
Her OBs said, although Subutex is not something to start her pregnancy with, they want her to stay on it til delivery or longer and her baby appears to be health and perfect.
Thank you SR for the prayers and good thoughts!! I appreciate the support more than words can express.
This all to me is a perfect example to not believe everything you read on the Internet. Have a little faith in your HP and of course the medical professionals. Be it an unborn baby fighting to live or the daughter fighting the demons of addiction.
Hang on little baby don't come out yet, and hold on sweet daughter to your sobriety.
TF
Old 09-30-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Blessedly wonderful news, Twofish.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

TF....that is wonderful news! I am soooo happy to hear this. I can imagine your daughter is so happy. What a great thing to hear!

God is good my friend!

Many Hugs of joy!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

That is beautiful twofish! Smiling...