The evil drug is back again

Old 08-13-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The evil drug is back again

Just to be as quick as i can. I have a Daughter who is in her 30's. We live together with her 2 kids 7-8 years old. We live on the east coast of FL.

I take care of my 2 gran babies and shelter them from pain as much as i can.

My Daughter was on H for 2 months after leaving a methadone clinic she was in to get off worse opiates.

She was in the methadone clinic for 5 years doing good till she met the Devil of H and IV. she finally got back into the clinic for almost a month but due to leaving for 3 days they would not dose her for a week so she went back on H IV again $40 a day. Now she is back to where she was. Claiming she wants to get off it and knows she has to.

It would be easy to put her out but 2 things. #1 Her babies love her to death cause she was with them night and day for 6 years loving them and taking them everywhere she went.

and #2 they have a bio dad who has married but they never really see him. If she were put out he would take them in a second since Florida law is clear about custody.

So in order to keep the kids happy we try and get her better. The thing i never knew about H was the anger issues it can cause when she needs or even has a fix she can blow up and start throwing things in anger which of course scares the kids.

She does love them but when i look at her i do not see a addict. I see addicts and how bad they look and she does not fit the bill of a long term addict.

I feel like i am in jail. I can't put her out cause the kids will hurt from her gone but more important there Bio dad would take them legally.

Methadone clinic's are for profit but they also can be a pain. I am on there call list and begged them to please dose her and that she missed for the kids to have a weekend away before school starts. And i know 100% for a fact she did no H while away. But they consider you after 3 days of not coming as gone and you have to start over.

It is not there fault she could have got street Methadone till she got back in.

But again i am in this trap. She does not do the drugs here and the kids never see it but they kind of know there mom is sick from something. I just can't see letting the kids go to there Bio dad's house who is not a drug user but does not love them.

He just married and the women he married wants kids but she is to old to have her own and she is not a nice person so he would take them just so she could have kids.

The pain of feeling like i am in jail. I will do anything for my gran babies but not let them go to there bio Dads only as a last resort i wish there was a way to get someone clean fast from this
Old 08-13-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so sorry you are going through this and bless you for taking care of the dear children.

Would she consider rehab? The Salvation Army rehab is very good and free. Sadly, she is the one who is going to have to make the decision to stop.

Keeping you both in my prayers, and the babies too.

Hugs
Old 08-13-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
She does love them but when i look at her i do not see a addict. I see addicts and how bad they look and she does not fit the bill of a long term addict.
Visuals do not matter. What does? She has chosen to tickle the pleasure center in her brain with heroin. And in making that choice, the needs of her children, your grandchildren, are irrelevant.

Expect and prepare for the worst. And do whatever is in your power to protect those children.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I am so sorry you are going through this and bless you for taking care of the dear children.

Would she consider rehab? The Salvation Army rehab is very good and free. Sadly, she is the one who is going to have to make the decision to stop.

Keeping you both in my prayers, and the babies too.

Hugs

Well i think the only rehab she is going to do is the methadone clinic again. She will not go into a rehab center she wants to do the methadone clinic way again it is just getting her there.

She got really sick tonight and swore she is only going to methadone after this. Of course i know when the sick goes away things you say not in pain are forgotten. But when she is awake in the morning and saying she is sick and needs a fix i have no pitty for her. I do not cuddle her or feel even sorry for her she did this to herself.

So i try and be a good parent but i am not going to keep giving money to be shot in the arm.

Also i am aware of when she is doing it and when she is on methadone. You can tell very easy if you have lived with someone who has done them both and for long times. When on methadone the kids are important again she does sleep more and has little anger.

When on H its smart mouth throw things if needed and of course the ling trips to the bathroom.

The 1 thing i got going is i know when she is and not doing this.

Thanks and hopefully tomorrow she goes back to methadone like she said before she just got sick tonight.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are going through this. Hopefully she will get to the clinic tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Such a horrible position to be in....

I don't think there are clear answers here but set your boundaries with a time frame for sobriety. Addiction is a progressive disease...if she is still using and not getting help, after a time, then perhaps she should be out of your home.

Sobriety is up to her but you can set the boundaries for you.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have no idea how she does needles then can stop doing them 2x now. I always thought methadone would not be as easy to take and get off them but now here it is how is.

She got really sick 2x in a row and said that was it. So she got Methadone from a friend and this week is going to go to a doctors office to try and get a script.

Methadone in pill form is a lot better than H in IV. I never trust my Daughter and i am guilty of harping on her over and over again about staying clean.

I have to admit she was on my phone when hers was broke and used her facebook on it. So when she got her phone again she never cleared it off my phone. She changed her password but the messenger is still on it.

Now what she talks about with friends i do not read but 2 people she gets and does drugs with i will check now and then to see.

I was happy to see her chat thanking the 1 person helping her get methadone so she does not have to use needles with H.

I am not proud of myself but her kids my gran kids are important and will not be lied to. Again i do not care to read her other stuff as she does not post on there much anyway but the guy who helps her find methadone only uses it cause it has no phone. **% of the time she texts on her phone.

But i really hope she can stay off them this time. Her kids need her my Gan kids and ill do what i have to to protect them.