Back again..

Old 08-07-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Back again..

So it's been about 6 months since my last post, to sum things up, my girlfriend went to jail for about 10 days and got out and has been clean since. She is still awaiting court and it has been difficult but it's been great having her clean. A few days ago she smoked pot again and that's usually how the ball starts rolling and leads her to using heroin. I'm just very distraught about everything and I know things have been very difficult for her with court and her health issues. I guess it's just very hard for me to understand that it's just a whole different side of her brain that gets the bright idea of doing these things and acting out. I know she's not doing it to hurt me, but it's because she doesn't know how else to deal. Not that it's an excuse. I guess I just need to know I'm not alone.. Ugh.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sorry she is using pot, a drug is a drug and sadly she may not be quite finished yet.

You're not alone, most of us have watched the recovery/relapse revolving door of addiction until we are dizzy. There comes a time when we have to decide how long we can live in the darkness with them. Doing that does nothing to help them, but it pulls us down too and it's a bad place to be.

I hope things get better for both of you soon. Please take care of yourself because her "soon" may take a while, if at all.

Hugs
Old 08-08-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know. This is all just very hard. Seeing her get 6 months clean was amazing and I was so happy for her. And we are also very codependent on each other.. I'm just kinda lost as of right now.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by TimeHeals831 View Post
I know. This is all just very hard. Seeing her get 6 months clean was amazing and I was so happy for her. And we are also very codependent on each other.. I'm just kinda lost as of right now.
So are you interested in changing this, or is the status quo acceptable?
Old 08-08-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's so hard and frustrating. My question is what are you doing for you? Sadly you have no control over her using.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah that's what I'm coming to try and realize. I'm not looking to leave her, I guess I'm just looking for support and how to cope.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ya I'm the queen of get out come back. I'm just not ready to give up on my marriage. Do u go to alanon?
Old 08-09-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've never been to an actual meeting, I have done the online meetings on In The Rooms. I guess I should start doing that again.