Fill This Day

Old 07-02-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Fill This Day

Fill this day

This day is here to be experienced. So fill it with rich and unique experiences.

Go somewhere you’ve never been. Learn about a subject you’ve never understood.

Create something that has never existed before. Transform an acquaintance into a friendship.

Say what you feel, and then live what you say. Put your most treasured values and dreams into action.

Relish the pure beauty that can be found in the most seemingly ordinary moments. Give of yourself just because of how right it feels.

Fill this day with thoughts about things you’ve never considered before, with meaningful actions, with your own unique beauty and love. Every moment is your opportunity to live more fully than you’ve ever lived before.

— Ralph Marston
Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love how each day is a fresh start, a clean slate to make something wonderful happen.

I have choices today, as the sun rises and the new day begins. I can live in despair and negativity, bemoaning my life and my fate.

OR, I can do one thing that will inspire me to make today a day that "makes a difference". I can begin with prayer and meditation, setting my spirit right and asking God to guide me, and then proceed with a plan to do at least one thing that will take me one step closer to feeling like life is worth living and all is well in the world.

Today I shall pick fresh strawberries, grateful to live in a bountiful country, and I will take time to smell the summer freshness and share a smile and kind word with someone who looks like they need it.

That one thing will get me outdoors, out of myself, and allow me to feel the beauty of today.

What is the one think that you will do today? How will you make today special, a day that makes a difference? You can if you set your mind to it, even the simplest plan can lift your heart and make you feel alive today.

Hugs
Old 07-02-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love, love, love your posts Ann! You uplift my soul.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Beautiful Ann, thank you so much for sharing. I too gain so much from your posts!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautiful thoughts to start the day. Thank you for your service to all of us.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Love the strawberry picture.

I kicked it up a notch, I picked a large basket of the most wonderful, fresh strawberries that are at the peak of their season...AND...also bought a strawberry cake loaf, perhaps the best I have ever tasted.

Lunch was fresh strawberries and greek yogurt next to a slice of the cake...maybe not perfect nutrition but ever so yummy and sometimes we just have to have our cake and eat it too.

One of the lovely lessons of recovery, for me, was to make a conscious decision at the beginning of the day to do something positive to boost my spirits, something that doesn't have to be the sole purpose of my day or cost anything, just a decision to take time in my day to do something that will make me smile and feel gratitude for all the good things in my life.

Most of us have good things in our lives, sometimes we just need to look beyond ourselves to see it.

Hope you all are doing something wonderful for yourself today...and I will share my strawberries and cake with anyone who needs a little joy.

Hugs