desperate on long island

Old 07-05-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oceanlady....I feel your post through your words. I have 2 young adults-rehab; jail; suicide attempts. I know. So glad you found support though a meeting.

All of us are grieving for our children as they navigate their addiction. I feel the same when I see families with their children or young adults-having a great time. We have missed out on family life. I am hopeful that one day we will have our time.

Great posts Ann!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ar Celebrate Recovery I have heard many testimonies of young people who have went to countless rehabs but never got clean until they had some real time in jail. He does not hate you, he hates that your not enabling him, big difference. Tight hugs good momma, you are doing the right things.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Oceanlady,
It has been one year today that I found out that my two young daughters were, yes, are addicts. They are 20 and 23. I know your pain and the feeling that you have lost your child to heroin. The tears, the worry the loss.
The first thing I learned was to take care of myself. To eat properly, get rest (or try to rest) and breathe. Support has helped me so much especially F2F support. Just knowing other moms are watching their children be controlled by drugs, the fact that I wasn't alone.... Sure I was judged, but I started to hold my head up and ignore that. Once I was convinced that I didn't cause their addiction, I couldn't control their addiction and the hardest "C" for me was I couldn't cure their addiction.
There have been days that I thought the ADs were gonna be lost to the drugs forever, but, it's their addiction. This is a disease, not anything I did.
My girls are recovering now. One girl, after a suicide attempt, hit bottom and decided she wanted her life back, she was only 19 at the time, she went CT and had IOP after detoxing in the hospital. She now smiles, works a part time job plus goes to her group meetings and has a therapist and psychiatrist, she's coming back to me. I'm not fooled though, I know a relapse could be right around the corner. The older AD continues to struggle. After going thru a Methadone program and now a Suboxone program, she still fights the urge to use. She wants to feel "normal" again, but this will take time, I don't know if she truly has hit rock bottom? It's so hard considering all the lies and manipulation she has put us through.
Sorry this is getting so long, but I just wanted to give you support and that you're not alone in this journey. SR is here and has given me great support.
Take care of yourself, gentle hugs and sincere prayers coming your way,
TF

Last edited by Twofish; 07-05-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Spelling