One of those nights.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One of those nights.

My bf finally went to a meeting last night. Sober a couple of weeks and I finally nudged him into going, amid grumblings...of course. After the meeting he gave me the biggest thank you and we bad some pretty positive convo.
We planned on a mtg tonight. He's pretty sick and bc of some medical stuff of my own I'm exhausted...so we decided that we'll go on Thurs night instead.
He texted me a cpl of hrs ago and said he was glad the day was over. That he slept most of the day. He's depressed, anxious, and craving bad (he quit smoking yesterday. Very bad choice imo and I think it's kicking everything else into high gear. Typically, I wouldn't tell someone to not quit smoking, but I suggested it tonight.)
And it's been radio silence since that text. Sure he could be sleeping, but the last time he went silent like this is the night of his relapse. I'm definitely afraid of a repeat.
I messaged his mom with my concern. Is this a night to be concerned that she needs to sleep with her purse in her bed? I just don't know. God I hope not.
I'm heading to bed in a few and praying that I sleep solid... I need it. But I'm praying harder he survives this night.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im sorry your both having a hard time right now EdenChai. I will send up a prayer for your BF; that he will be granted strength to help him make it through this night & the next & the next... I also hope you are able to rest & get the sleep you need.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Edenchai, I hope he just fell asleep but whatever the outcome, worrying about what it might be will just take all your energy and time and in the end we cannot change the outcome at all.

Have you tried meetings just for you? Many here found their balance again working their own program through Al-anon or Nar-anon or CoDA. Maybe give them a try and see if they don't help you too.

Hope you get some rest, worrying can drain the last bit of energy from us.

Hugs
Old 04-23-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both.

Ann, yes, I attend Nar-anon when I'm able. I knew there was nothing I could do last night and there's nothing I can do now if he didn't make the night. That doesn't change the concern but with that knowledge I slept soundly.

Woke up this morning with the serenity prayer running through my mind and now I'm off to face my own day and see what it has in store for me. Hopefully, only good