A song that could speak to us all

Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A song that could speak to us all

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a50qCkKGj4M

I just wanted to share this with everyone. A lot of you may have heard this song before, but it really started to speak to me recently. It sums up how I feel right now about my husband. I would have followed him anywhere, but i cant follow him into this darkness- especially with children. I feel like I'm screaming at him to change, but he says nothing and does nothing, and Im just about ready to say goodbye. This is too big for me, and I'm just too small to take it on. I just need to find the courage to actually walk out the door.

Whether you are a husband or a wife, a mother or a father, a son or a daughter, a sister or a brother to an addict- I really think this song could speak to you- whether you felt this ten years ago or your feeling this now.

Please let me know if the link doesn't work- I did it from my phone.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

staind outside (lyrics) - YouTube

This is also a good one......
Old 02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is a good one too.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whoa MLJ....

The starfish holding hands is my avatar on Facebook.
*chills*
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It does give chills. I cried the other day when I listened to this song. It's a love song, but it feels like its written for addiction. We've all been there when were hoping they say something that we want to hear, but they just don't. The part where it says "I'm sorry, I couldn't get to you." Is exactly how I feel right now- I can't help him, and I'm so sorry that I can't. It's heart breaking.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wow, my friend (a former poster) just called me and told me to listen to this song.....ouch!! I have felt this way so many times. Say something.......say something, say anything.....to give me hope. I can't give up on you!

Today, I said goodbye! I am letting him go but I will never give up on him but I am giving up on us. I am putting him in the hands of God, where I know he should be. I am too small and this is too big for me.

May God give us the strength and courage that we need!!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I read your post today about your husband getting his things- you are a strong women and I am still finding my courage. It's funny how music can speak so much to us in good and bad times.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by MLJ88 View Post
I read your post today about your husband getting his things- you are a strong women and I am still finding my courage. It's funny how music can speak so much to us in good and bad times.
You will find what you need, in your own time. I promise!! No one could have pushed me or convinced me any sooner then when I was ready. It has taken me 2 years since I joined SR and probably a year or two before that.

When I first joined Sr, I believe he was the one the with the problem. I quickly realized I had a problem too. I had to work on me to figure out why I was so willing to settle. It has a been a long process of discovery and took as long as it took. Keeping you in my prayers.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

LMN- thank you so much for that. It's true no one can push me- some days I feel strong other days I feel weak. We have a child together and I'm currently pregnant with our second (not at all planned). It makes it hard. I believe that everything happens for a reason and god has a plan for all of us. God threw a curve ball at me by giving me another child- but I'm sure he will show me why one day.

Thank you for your kind words. And embrace the journey ahead of you!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

LMN- thank you so much for that. It's true no one can push me- some days I feel strong other days I feel weak. We have a child together and I'm currently pregnant with our second (not at all planned). It makes it hard. I believe that everything happens for a reason and god has a plan for all of us. God threw a curve ball at me by giving me another child- but I'm sure he will show me why one day.

Thank you for your kind words. And embrace the journey ahead of you!
I understand. I had the strong days and I had the weak days too. Now, I have strong hours and weak minutes.

I just pray that you know that you and your children deserve so much better. There is better out there......when you are ready.

Also, be careful because when you are almost there, most of them play the "recovery" card. It's amazing how obvious that has become to me now, I just couldn't see it in my own life.....because he was "special" or so I so I desperately wanted to believe.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I posted this song's lyrics last week up in the F&F alcoholism board. I forgot to go back and post that after I ran a half marathon last Sunday, this song came on just as I got on the bus back to the hotel. It was spooky to sit down after such a personal achievement and hear this song - again! I can't run far enough or fast enough to escape the fact I am dealing with someone who is emotionally withdrawn. He is struggling to live without numbing himself. I so want him to 'say something.'
Old 03-02-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I believe that everything happens for a reason and god has a plan for all of us. God threw a curve ball at me by giving me another child- but I'm sure he will show me why one day.
I feel this way too, God has a plan and he never gives me more than I can handle. I find a lot of comfort knowing he's watching over me right now, and if I need to make any kind of change then he will lay it on my heart. Have a good day ((MLJ88)

I love this song too. I was listening to it on my way home from work other day while it was raining. Talk about emotional !
Old 03-02-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Church today was great! My pastors exact words were- "God will never give up on you, he will never turn his back on you." That's when I realized that even though I'm starting to give up on my AH, God hasn't given up on him. My AH doesn't need me, he needs God. I don't feel so sad listening to this song now.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this song, it sums up my feelings perfectly.