Been gone for a while, Needing a pep talk!

Old 08-31-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Been gone for a while, Needing a pep talk!

Hey all,
I have been absent for a while. Been busy trying to find a job, school, ect. But I need a pep talk.
So a quick history. In may the judge gave my AH unsupervised visitation. I think he cleaned up a little at some point in may and june. He was having contact with the kids ect... and seemed to be trying to get on track.
Then about three weeks ago he came for the kids. And same ol sh$t diffrent day. He leaves town with them and tells me origanally that he is going home. Then sends a text late that night that they are really going to stay in the city. Not home.
Ok, so long story short. He doesnt' get back to the house till 3:30 a.m. He left the kids in a convenice store while he went to the "bathroom" and they were unattended so long that a customer ask the clerk if some one left them there...
He is not shutting the business down. And getting a real job like he says...
He hired a "X" meth head to do his books. She has only been clean for few weeks....
The judge gave him control of the business and ALL the assets that are worth anything!
I am out of money.... working as a waitress... and no money!
And, he bounces his child support or pays when he feels like it...
So my point is. I AM ANGRY!! To say the least! Here we are struggling along and it seems like he is getting away with everything!!
AND SERIOUSLY, are the kids going to have to get kidnapped before the judge does something!

AND, I have to take HIM BACK TO COURT TO GET ANOTHER DRUG TEST!! EVEN THOUGH his last drug test was dirty. Obviously! But it didn't matter cuz the judge said he didn't want it to be put into the record....and see it.
So I have to pay to take him to court AGAIN order him another test... ect...
And so the divorce and settling is not even in sight. It has been 5 months. And if i want a drug test we are talking at least 2 more court dates until they even work on the divorce!!
Anyway, sorry to ramble on. I have just been so angry. And it has consumed me lately!! I don't want to be this old bitter lady.... And I feel like that is what I am turning into...

Please help. I haven't been down like this in a long time...
Old 08-31-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have a background in meth addiction but I can see that you are going through a lot of tough things at the same time. However try not to awfulize. Focus on whatever is positive in your life i.e., you have left an abusive relationship, making it on your own. Practice meditation (costs nothing, great benefits in a few weeks). Practice positive self talk.. Keep you chin up lady, you are tougher than you think you are.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

" Keep you chin up lady, you are tougher than you think you are."
thanks, Pravchaw....
I need that...
Old 08-31-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ahhh....blue holly. You are certainly being challenged. You have come so far, and worked through so much. You've got this. There is a lesson in it all somewhere. When you say your prayers thank the universe for providing you with opportunities to learn and grow. All of these are bringing you to exactly the person you are meant to be. Someone your kids can admire. Someone who hunkered down when the going got tough. Be proud of all you have accomplished. One day in the future you'll look back and be grateful for the courage you've mustered in shaping your own destiny. You go girl...and don't look back.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks lizwig, I am better today.... sometimes I just want to beat him senseless.... or beat sense into him i guess!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

blueholly,

Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know your frustration was heard.

I too am frustrated - I haven't posted in a long time, but posted today because of my AS.

We're all in this together and moving towards a better, stronger, more sane path.