Working Farm or Labor intensive Drug rehab?

Old 02-11-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Help him, thank you

THANK YOU for doing your best to help him. Don't let anyone discourage you from that. I'm appauled at some of these other discouraging comments like he needs to help himself and the only place for labor and recovery is prison (!) There ARE options, and sometimes people need LOTS of help, and as one other commenter said (thanks) it crehabke multiple trips to rehab. It isn't you responsibility to make him better, but to do what you can, looking into rehab programs is a wonderful thung to do God bless you, and I'm going to see if I can find something for you too.

Originally Posted by AndySky;2756 633
I've always suspected that there is a psyc component that makes it additionally difficult for him to regulate his behavior. Specifically, I think he is Bipolar. He has a family history of the condition and has acted in very erratic ways since we were really young kids.

I made the decision to help him this time because he reached out to me for help. His comment is that his decision making process doesn't work and that he desperatly wants to change and doesn't know how to begin to do that. What has been tried hasn't worked, so I'm looking into alternatives.

I realize I can't do anything for him, but I can help him frame the decision. Please feel free to tell me I'm doing the wrong thing if you disagree, I'm just doing the best I can and would love knowlegable opinions from anywhere I can get them.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jessiebat, this thread is from 2010 with some comments in 2013. Many of the people who posted here have not been here for a very long time.

Welcome to Soberrecovery, maybe start a thread of your own so others can welcome you and share more currently.

Hugs