Aaaack! I found a condom in my 15yo daughter's purse!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Oh, by the way, I have to share this with you. Hopefully, it will make you realize, it could be worse, bahaha

I found a empty condom wrapper in my son's room with a date written on it!!!
He still does not know how I know the exact day he lost his virginity.
You can ALWAYS play that card one of these days & floor him!! LOL
To the subject at hand: at least the girl has the sense & brains to put condoms to use. I realize seeing something like that & realizing your little girl is ALL grown up is a shocker, but, to me anyway, it sounds like she posscesses a commedable (sic), maturity...............
Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

want to hear something............theres a big difference in boys and girls.............my son straight up told me............listen mom I know ALL about diseases you keep telling me that and I know about safe sex AND I KNOW you think I should wait...................but MOM honestly the first girl that says YES I'm doing it...............I think he was about 14 at that time...........
today hes 18, and i have seen the condoms in his drawer..........sadly it doesnt freak me out the same way it did with my daughter.........

but overall I think we(the kids and I ) have pretty open conversations.........
I know they will have sex..............with my daughter i stress her safety and respecting herself...........which isnt an issue shes a strong willed educated independant young woman

with my son, I preach.....every GIRL is someones sister or daughter............I want you to think long and hard about how you woulod feel if someone treated your sister poorly............and TREAT ever girl as you would want your sister treated.........

boys or at least my boy........is really open he feels there no topic thats off limits and sometimes tells me things and I have to say..................woooh to much INFO.

but I'm glad he knows I'm here and they both know they are loved and feel ok talking to me.........for the most part

In 5 years tjp.............you'll be grateful for open communication...........keep working for that
Old 08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I think that it is funny both the young guys (Jeb and Jason) think it is awkward.
I sat both he and his girlfriend down and talked to them about it.
Yes, they were embarrassed and I just said, well if you are grown enough to HAVE sex then you are grown enough to TALK about it.
I was not uncomfortable at all.