Son hit by drunk driver

Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Son hit by drunk driver

Hi all,
While shopping this a.m. youngest recovering son called me to say he was hit by a drunk driver yesterday while driving in West Virginia for his job.

He had 3 other employees in the car with him, all seat belted, (thank goodness) but everyone in the car suffered from whiplash, and back pain, neck pain, all went to the E.R.

The driver, my son said, was approximately 40 years old, and begged my son not to call the police, because he admitted he had been drinking, and had NO drivers license. My son said the Police hauled his butt off to jail when they arrived.

So be careful out there.

Thank goodness my son, and the others are okay. You can heal from whiplash, you can't heal from dead.

BY the way...just a bit of good news. This youngest son has been hired as an Electrical apprentice, he worked 90 hours last week, (that'll might keep him out of trouble..) and his fiancee has been accepted into the R.N. program, and starts Sept. 23rd. It makes me so pleased to see them growing. This son also had a couple felonies for drug possession, and has been looking for a good job forever! So...there's always hope. Hope that someone out there will give them a chance to do good.

And also, oldest AS is having a sober run right now, and due to go to trial Sept. 18th. It has been rescheduled a zillion times. If found guilty, he has the opportunity to go to prison for 10 years. Today is his Birthday, he's 35
he called me and said "hey mom, I'm halfway to 70!".....my my...am I getting old or what?

Okay, that's my news....
Hugs, and happiness....
and serenity to all....
Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow - a lot of great news, sobriety and getting another drunk driver off the street. Prayers for you son's full recovery from the accident.

My niece was facing 12 years in prison for 2 felonies, but they rarely have to do the entire time, if that's any consolation. Prayers for you and your sons.

I admire your calmness in the face of all that.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm glad things are looking up Moose...you deserve that, they deserve that, ya know?

As far as oldest, it must be some type of relief to get it done rather than "What-if" ing for months.

I wish you well...you and all of yours
(((Hugs)))
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love the positive spin on the oldest-he has the OPPORTUNITY to go to prison for ten years Also thank God that your youngest was not hurt badly and the others too. Welcome back and glad you are here to give me some of your sage advice. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-09-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am glad your son is alright ((((Moose))))). He did the right thing by calling the cops
Old 09-09-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, that was close. I'm so glad God is taking good care of the Moosekids.

Love you all and love the good news about the job.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad everyone is okay and that older son is on a sober run. Hope MR M is doing well as well. I love your avatar, moose...Is that Ann going after him??
Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

That's her. You can't miss that RED hair and the wee tiny camera in her pocket...LOL
Old 09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
President

You got me worried there! I'm glad he's okay! Congrats to both youngest and DIL on their great news. Big hugs Moose! It's all about balance right!?!?

Love the pic of Ann! LOL!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad your son & everyone else is ok. Wow 90 hours...dang!! It sounds like he has a great opportunity just a knockin.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

So glad he and everyone riding with him will be ok - yes you definitely can't heal from dead.

Praying for their HP's best in youngest son's & fiancee' new careers. And also God's best for other son. Happy bday to him.
Congrats to you for surviving 35 yrs - you deserve CAKE!!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Moose,
Welcome back. I am so glad things are going well for your youngest finacee. You are so right the more hours he works the less likely he will get into trouble. He did the right thing and I hope the guy learns his lesson, but it does not sound like he will. I'm sure he was happy to know he saved others lives for now with the guy in jail.
I like your outlook on your oldest, saying extra prayers that his HP keeps him as safe as he wants him to be. Things will work out the way the should, whatever that is.
Hugs coming to you
Old 09-10-2008, 05:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BBD

Wow Mooselips~~Good things do happen. I'm sorry your son had to go through that accident thou'. It really wakes you up when someone else does the hurting. I'm glad everyone was OK except for the aches and pains. At least they are all walking. And a good job for your other son. Thats fantastic!! It's time for you to get up everyday and thank your HP which I'm sure had a hand in all of this. Big hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How ironic, actually, for your son who was hit by the addict. Thank God everyone is basically OK, and that both of your sons are clean today - a miracle for sure.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Moose,

Thank God nobody was hurt in the crash.
Hopefully, the drunk driver will learn from this accident.

Congrats to both of your sons for their sober time.

Welcome back,
Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Moose)))))

Glad to hear that your son and his co-workers were not injured too
badly because of the "idiot on the road". Thank God!
Congrats on his new job, too. He and his brother, both, seem to be
going the path that is intended for them.
Sending continued love and prayers out to you and your family,
Linda
Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Moose....It's a good day! Enjoy it!

Hugs,
Chris
Old 09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Moose -

what a lot of great news (even the wreck had a good outcome and making it was part of helping that fellow find his bottom). It sure is a message of hope.

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm glad everyone is ok from the accident.

electrical apprentice.....very nice future there.

glad to hear everyone is doing what they should be, lol
Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey Moose,

Sorry I'm coming to this late. That's what I get for missing a night signing on here.

So thankful your son and his passengers were okay. For a minute there I was a tad worried that you were going to say your son let the guy off or covered for him. Now if he had done that, I might have had to come up there and have a little talk with Little Moose (as if a mom talking to him would do much good. :chatter). Seriously, I am thankful. Me thinks his HP was protecting him.

And what great news about the job for him and his gf getting into nursing school. They really do sound like they are growing up, Moose, and I am so thankful.

And good for MM...that's Medium Moose We'll take a stretch of sobriety any time. I pray that no matter what happens, your oldest will be aware of His HP and the plan he has for his life. I'm just praying he's getting tired of this scenario and will decide he really does want something better for his life.

We never know, Moose, so we just keep praying and working our recovery while our kids hopefully figure things out.

Hugs,
Hangin' In