Test Results - ye gods.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Test Results - ye gods.

My AD was notified on Monday that she tested positive for Hep C. All I could do was cry. We cried on the phone together at various times, then I attempted to work. This past year has been rough on work. Focus is an issue. And I hate, to not do a great job. I take pride in what I do.

Yesterday a little better.

Today - *sigh* That which doesn't kill me.. right?

Find myself giving thanks that she doesn't have HIV. Lost my uncle to that. Finding perspectives to be thankful, I guess.

Still stunned and scared for her. And I know.. this is a result of choices she made. But that doesn't change the "who" she is to me. My daughter, flesh and blood.

There a lot of good things she can do for herself, etc. I know all that. It still hurts.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear. It is hard not to feel a stab of pain when we suddenly get bad news about someone we love but you learn to bounce back. I am sure you'll get your focus back soon. Stay strong.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers go out to you both. It is hard no matter what when someone you love is ill. Take care.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry to hear this news. It does hurt a mother's heart no matter how hard we may have worked on ourselves and our faith and letting go......it's still hard on the heart.

Your dear daughter will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-12-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My RAD has Hep C, too.

Ask your daughter to google "hep c cure" before she considers starting any interferon treatments. My daughter's addictionologist referred her for this treatment (no placebo) and she receives it completely free. She started today so your post is amazing timing.

There is hope
Old 06-12-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm so sorry, and for your daughter too Chino. I hope they can find successful treatments. And I will keep them in my prayers.

Hugs from another mama's heart.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Huggs...my daughter was also diagnosed last year. She is not in contact...going on 9 weeks...so am in another kind of h**l, but it was awful and terrifying...there is treatment though.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone. Been busy with other life things going on. Active with local community theater and have a small production coming up. It's good to have outlets.

Told her to google "hep c cure". Thanks for the information.

Now she waits for another shoe to drop, regarding possible felony charges. One day at a time. We wait in the background.

She's 40 days clean and proud of that. And acknowledging she could be in trouble, not trying to deny it. Thanked me today for sticking with her, and thanked me for telling her I would never speak to her again if she left detox. Says it saved her life.

Mothers, we have choices in this, I know. But my heart, oh my heart still breaks.