OT: Fly Lady Rules

Old 06-16-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Fly Lady Rules

so i got turned onto FlyLady a few years back..i'm a fairly organized person, and grasp the concept of cleaning, but we have this long rambling house on sloping shy 1/2 acre and gosh it seems overwhelming at times. flylady helped me break stuff down into manageable bits, how to set a swish and swipe for each bathroom, weekly blessing hour which for me is a Saturday relentless flurry of activity, and then there are the FlyLady cleaning products.....

rubba scrubba
rubba swisha
rubba sweepa
and the absolutely amazing Purple Rags.

hank has gotten used to these purple items around, he tends to avoid them, but he's seen some of the magic they do.

recently we just got a new grill. a super nice weber, Genesis E330. in a Kelly green, with stainless. it fits perfectly into the alcove he built when he moved all the huge rocks and dirt from under our upper deck to create a patio, and moved it all to the right with a raised bed of grass.

our neighbor has HUGE evergreens in his yard...we're talking a couple hundred feet tall. and it drips sap and ook on his revered beloved grill. so he asked me if i knew of any way to clean it.

why yes, yes i do! i said yes, purple rag and some windex. he's like are you SURE? it's pretty sapped up. trust me, grasshopper.

he was....AMAZED. i'm looking out the window right now and the thing GLEAMS. he was like, wow, that looks amazing baby. yup. NOW he gets it. when it was something that mattered to HIM in a way different from windows, surfaces, the stove.....
Old 06-16-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

the grill........

all shiny, nestled in her alcove!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
the grill.jpg (35.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 06-16-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WOW, gorgeous! I'm a flylady fan, too, especially when things around the house get overwhelming. She eliminates the guilt, and gets me going again. And anybody can do just about anything for 15 minutes!

ShootingStar1
Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

E330 kicks a**.
(best in class)
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

dude you got that right! might as well have been trying to cook over a book of matches with the cheap ratty @ss grills we had before!!! EVERYTHING turns out WAY better...like....flawless perfect. props to hank, the god of the grill.

last nite, on the gleaming grill we did flank steak for fajitas...i made up a fresh chimichurra marinade with fresh garlic and cilantro and we finished to tortillas ON the grill so they puffed up and browned to delectable soft crunchiness. i sautéed up green pepper and onion, hank whole roasted a couple jalepenos, i grated up cojita cheese (our newest addiction!) finished with some salsa and a squeeze of lime. and we both agreed, BEST FAJITAS EVER.

of course we said that about the thick bone in pork chops in the dry spice rub the night before, with corn roasted on the cob. or was it the smoky bbq meatloaf? the brats were pretty divine. and the Asian chicken wings - ok those weren't MY favorite but hank took the leftovers to work and the boys RAVED about them.

rotisserie attachment on order from lowe's. along with a new rotisserie cookbook.

did i wander off topic? again? LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well you got my mouth watering! Wow! And Fly Lady......I looked at her a few years back but perhaps it's time to revisit her. lol

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-17-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh yes!!!! Flylady had been a doG send in this house!!!!!

Especially since I have 4 dogs and sometimes more if I am fostering. And the fact that I am 'slower' than I used to be etc I use her 'tricks' all the time, and friends always wonder how I keep the house 'comfortable but clean'. I have told them Flylady and some have checked out and others can't be bothered.

I even figured out a way to put a purple rag on the head of my Shark Steamer and my floors have never ever looked better!!!!!!

Thanks for starting this post Anvil!!!! Hopefully others will become a fan of Flylady!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-18-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

recently we just got a new grill. a super nice weber, Genesis E330. in a Kelly green, with stainless. it fits perfectly into the alcove he built when he moved all the huge rocks and dirt from under our upper deck to create a patio, and moved it all to the right with a raised bed of grass.
Kelly green, the color of my envy!
How wonderful, and it does look fantastic in the little alcove.

rotisserie attachment on order from lowe's. along with a new rotisserie cookbook.
When I was stationed in Germany, there were little trucks that went around the Army training areas selling bratwurst with hard roll (and beautiful mustard),
but my absolute flavorite was the rotisserie chicken!
I would get a whole one, a piece of bread and a few napkins.
My fellow countrymen knew to move out of the way when I had my roasted chicken!

gosh, I miss that chicken. Have to find something close to it.

Thank you for sharing anvilhead, I know it was about flylady, but I gotta think of food!

Your friend with the always hungries now,

Beth
Old 06-18-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have found Fly Lady to be helpful. I don't always follow it. I have a tendency to get distracted, lol. When I do follow it, it is helpful because I never really learned how to clean/organize. In my household growing up, if I made a mess, I was yelled at and shamed. I was made to do most of the cleaning, and then I was told I did it wrong. It was one of the awful things about growing up in an addict household. So, I never learned how to clean in a healthy manner. So, Fly Lady isn't really OT for me!