SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Fabulous "US" Friday (http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/133599-fabulous-us-friday.html)

Jwife22 09-28-2007 11:00 AM

Ohhhh I wanna play....let see........

Today is busy at work so I am waiting on 5 pm to begin my fabulousness. BUT--I did get a very nice complement from some clients about how much they appreciated how hard I worked on their file!

After work I am going to Lowes to get the final touches for my bathroom (I tiled it and its been out of commission for a loooooooooooogggg time.) Tomorrow I will have my fabulous new bathroom finished! YAHHH! The I plan on going out and buying a couple of fabulous fall shirts for those chilly days to come and maybe a new pair of boots too!

Then hmmm.......Sunday will be my fabulous day to go to the Fresh Market and farmers market and buy all of my meats and veggies (organic and locally grown meat and veggies). yahhh...so much fun!

Maybe I'll bake a cake this weekend! A fresh blackberry cobbler sounds good!

Barbdee 09-28-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afraid2Succeed (Post 1503800)
Watch this video of walking a cat!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sDv6JHpszNc

and my friend has 3 chihuahuas, 2 long-haired, 1 short-haired, and they loooove walks, but they hate the harnesses. the female short-haired thinks she's a boy and even lifts her leg to pee.

That was hysterical...I'm still laughing! Thing is, it looked just like my female chihuahuas, though I prefer not to "drag" them for a walk and not sure how happy that cat was about being dragged! It was obvious that he/she wasn't hurt in any way, or I wouldn't be laughing.
Maybe it is the harnesses they don't like, but we have many fast cars going up and down our street so even though I know they wouldn't run away from me, I still feel better with that leash on them. (A codie dog-owner?)
BTW, my boy dog, squats to pee...gender crisis occur even in the animal kingdom! :-)
Barb

sherryb1010 09-28-2007 11:56 AM

Yipeee!!!! My bosses wife is gonna fix my butchered hair for free, so I get to use my money for a manicure, lol.

mooselips 09-28-2007 11:59 AM

Have A Wonderful Friday!!!!

Lobo 09-28-2007 12:14 PM

Well, I treated myself to a car wash and some homemade chicken salad at my favorite deli. It's a beautiful fall day here so I am going outside to shine up the car windows and then drive to the country for the week-end. The leaves are starting to change so the fall ride will be scenic. I'm closing up my summer place this week-end. ) : I'll be back on Sunday. Everyone have a fabulous Friday and a great week-end. Thanks Ann.

Hugs..........Lo

BrokenBridges24 09-28-2007 12:33 PM

Fabulous Friday… I am fabulously working but I am fabulously leaving early today!! Then I am heading home to get some of my fabulous house work done so I can have a fabulous evening cuddled with my fabulous DH on the couch and maybe I might even get fabulously LUCKY!!! Tee he :c008:

BUT!! Before then I get to hold on to my 3 yr old Granddaughter who thank god we got a continuance at court a few days ago so we have her for another 6 months!! YA HOO!!! I will enjoy my time with her tonight, hold her tight and watch Sponge Bob with her. Life is grand!

Cute story… Last night she put her hand on mine and said, “when my hands are as big as yours mom mom will I still be your baby?” I said, “When your hands are as big as mine, your feet as big as mine and you’re as tall as me…you will still be my baby.” She kissed me and said, “Good. I love you Mommy.” It was the sweetest thing ever. Sometimes I get frustrated being the fill in Mommy while her real Mom is out doing god knows what but it is moments like this… Which there are many more like this then not…I thank god I have her and we are as close as we are.

Happy Fab Friday! HUGS TO ALL

-Broken :c007:

Barbdee 09-28-2007 01:10 PM

I only have one more question....how can you all think of "laundry" and "housecleaning" as a ME/US fabulous thing? Or fun in any way whatsoever? I have heard many tales told of women who actually enjoy those sort of things, but I'm still a disbeliever. Personally, I think it's a fairy tale made up by a man somewhere :-)
I read once, by Alan Watts, that in the Zen Buddhist way of thinking, it's always the "only dish I will ever wash". Until you get to the next dish, which is also "the only dish I will ever wash". In other words, if you live in the present, there are no future loads of laundry or no future cleaning. But, darn, that is sooooo hard to do or even conceive!
Off to fold a load of laundry now (the only one I ever have to do) and I'm going to pretend it's really, really fun :-)
Barb

BrokenBridges24 09-28-2007 02:17 PM

Fun is what you make it. Laundry, dishes, housecleaning... I turn up the radio dance and sing and have a blast. I do like cleaning. I think no matter what the cure as long as you tell yourself it is fun... it will be. Any ways if I do not do it who will? :)

Tee hee,
Broken

GiveLove 09-28-2007 03:15 PM

I have just invested in a fabulous Future Me's culinary delight.

I had a piece of the garden plot that's been overgrown by dead green bean plants and dandelions, and I just turned it over, fluffed it up, and planted (what will be) 30 heads of garlic. The ultimate low-maintenance vegetable to grow.

Come next summer, it's be roasted garlic, marinara, szechuan, pesto, yum.

Can't wait. Ahhhh.

rahsue 09-28-2007 04:45 PM

well I'm starting my fabulous day alittle late but I think I'll order some hot wings to be delivered and watch the philadelphia phillies win tonight, that should be good. but since I started late I think I'll extend it into tomorrow, is that ok? lol

guineapigjude 09-28-2007 04:49 PM

Ooooh, I love this thread!
I am slipping into a fabulous Friday night, followed by a Fabulous weekend! I got a new hairstyle and color yesterday, which had me feeling great to start the day. Tonight is tres fabulous because I have nothing to do!!!! I am already in my comfy PJs and plan to lounge around decoratively (LOL) then sleep, sleep, sleep! Tomorrow I 'm going to take my fabulous self and my fabs-in-training kids to the county fair, then out to dinner with family.
My beyond fabulous cat, Lyle, was not amused by the video, and will not soon forgive me for laughing. Cats ~ no sense of humor at all!

cmc 09-28-2007 05:06 PM

My plan was to go clothes shopping earlier this afternoon and I got sidetracked by one thing and then another, but I enjoyed not being a big hurry to get out the door!
I'm off to the mall and the food court. :)
Charge!!!

Ann 09-28-2007 05:51 PM

I'm so proud of you all that I could just burst!!!! You are all so fabulously good at being good to yourselves.

The nice thing is, that being good to ourselves doesn't have to cost money. Treating ourselves to some "me" time, lounging around allowing ourselves to do nothing but watch movies and order in and just taking the time to acknowledge that we ARE fabulous people worthy of special treatment and lots of hugs :Val004:

Don't stop now, we have all weekend to find many more fabulous moments. :D

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3720/fr0602wc0.jpg

Spiritual Seeker 09-28-2007 05:56 PM

Woke up in a beautiful hotel with my husband then went down for a great breakfast on the terrace. Quickly Raced an hour home thanks to the car pool lane -Just in time for my hair appt. I got a weave and haircut...I must look fabulous.

Ann 09-28-2007 06:02 PM

Wow, you sure know how to kick off a fabulous day!! :c005:

I'll bet the hair is wonderful. I didn't get in to get mine done today, so that will be one of my fabulous weekend adventures.

Spiritual Seeker 09-28-2007 06:08 PM

I always feel good when I get my roots covered up. I told the hairdresser that my hair color doesn't last as long between appts. was it the way she is putting it on and she suggested maybe I have more gray hair now...the nerve

BrokenBridges24 09-29-2007 08:02 AM

Hee hee.. you know what Spiritual Seeker... It is Fabulous gray hair shining through sometimes. I do not care what she says... I say you are beautiful. In fact you are FABULOUS!!! ;)

Elana 09-29-2007 09:33 AM

Geeze.. just got back to this and now it is Fabulous Saturday.

I ask Nughty if he wants to go utside and he runs to the door when I get the leash. He likes to walk but not too far or out of his territory.

Oliver.. that is another story. He LOVES to go. Just loves it. he panics when he sees other people tho. He can't quite tget they are more of the same petting and all that he gets from me.

or are they? Maybe Oliver has it figured out better than I do?

Atka walks on a leash well and she let me know I have a ways to go to be a really good dog trainer!

Impurrfect 09-29-2007 03:30 PM

I tried to "train" one of my cats to walk on a leash once - houdini comes to mind (I STILL can't figure how he always got out of the collar I was worried might be too tight).

I work weekend nights so am doing my normal - sleeping today (woke up so had to check in here) then work tonight. But thanks to all the FABULOUS people here and upbeat attitudes, I know I will have a fabulous night!

Amy