Right This Way, folks!!

Old 06-24-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Right This Way, folks!!

For those of you who aren't aware....there is a forum called "Recovery Follies"......It is at the very bottom of all the other forums....

It is fantastic! I k now that everyone one of us can use a good laugh, every day.....check it out!

I am posting this because I was here, forever, before I really noticed it....

***please note that our tomsteve leads a double life as a stand up comic and a comedy writer....
Old 06-24-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here you go:

Recovery Follies - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Mike
Old 06-24-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sign posting this. I have been laughing out loud reading it. 😀
Old 06-24-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have recently ventured outside the F&F forum myself after forever, much like dandy, and found that a whole great world exists out there! The Recovery Follies is good fun, for sure.

There is also a Spirituality section here if you're looking for a little shot of inspiration or hope, or maybe just a thought to ponder for the day: Spirituality - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

And there is another area called Cafe Central, with discussions about a number of different topics, including cooking/recipes and two active gardening threads: Café Central - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

It's been great for me to get involved in these other areas for a couple of reasons. One is that it's a break from the intensity of F&F, which has become more important to me as time passes. Another is that I have gotten to meet and know "new" people--not new to SR, but new to me since we posted in different sections of the forum and thus didn't overlap much. And along those lines, I've gotten to know some of the folks I'm familiar with from F&F in a different way, since we're talking about different things than before.

My job is doing delivery for a bakery, and my hours don't lend themselves real well to socializing in the "normal" world (punching in at 1:30 AM, going to bed at 3 PM). I'm grateful I can get some laughs, ideas, and just general chitchat here at SR, no matter the time of day or night.

I hope to see some more of you out and about, taking in the sights (sites?) of the wider SR world.