They are trying to release him!!!!

Old 11-30-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They are trying to release him!!!!

OMG - I am about over this crap!

Currently I am on hold waiting to speak to the physician that discharged him a while ago to find out WHY he did so!!! He cannot come home and I told him that when he called for a ride home. I said NO, you can't come home.

He says "where am I a supposed to go". I said "well you are sitting on your butt waiting for a ride so I suggest you start calling rehab centers but I gotta go because I have work to do....."

Doctor just told me they don't "detox" at this hospital because he was slightly intoxicated when he go there this morning but he prescribed him medication to detox at home - OMG I said, you can't be serious he will be drinking again tonight!!!

Anyway - an hour later I am sitting with my neighbor weighing this situation and we both agree he can't come home so with the help of an angel from another hospital she gave us two options, one being a detox center at a local hospital that has a rehab facility in it and if they don't take him she said she would admit him on her floor if he comes in willingly and says he can't take it anymore and he needs help or he will hurt himself.....

My neighbor said he would pick him up and take him to the detox hospital but he would NOT bring him home.

Seriously, why is this so difficult!!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck. Stay strong.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job not caving in, KTT. Stand your ground. He made the mess, now he can deal w/the consequences of his actions.

You are doing great!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are doing the right things - I'm glad you have the neighbor to rally for you! It doesn't feel like hes being set up for success, but that's up to him! Take care of yourself <3
Old 11-30-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hang in there, kiddo. You're doing great.

I always find it odd when they won't detox someone who is slightly intoxicated. I could understand their insistence that someone be clear enough to consent to treatment, but the whole point is to DETOX. Sheesh.

Someone will take him eventually--just don't let him back home. Stick to your boundary.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Holy smokes, you are a strong lady!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sorry, how irksome!

your neighbor sure is a good egg.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thousandwords53 View Post
Holy smokes, you are a strong lady!
Aww, thanks. I don't think so - but I do know that my drive now is to protect my children from having to witness anymore of his BS, so my mama bear has come out!!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
sorry, how irksome!

your neighbor sure is a good egg.
He is good and has good intentions - and is an addict himself! He is/was addicted to pain pills. He doesn't want to see him on the street but I am sure he has his limitations and at some point my AH will not have him to rely on if he doesn't help himself....
Old 12-01-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knowthetriggers View Post
Aww, thanks. I don't think so - but I do know that my drive now is to protect my children from having to witness anymore of his BS, so my mama bear has come out!!!!
I know that feeling well. I can also say that my husband's relapse showed me how far I'd really come in my own recovery - like, sometimes our challenges end up highlighting our strengths? Wishing you continued Mama Bear Strength!!

How are things this morning for you? Still a little surreal feeling? (((Hugs))))