TGIF! What are you doing for YOU this weekend?

Old 08-26-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Sheesh, I feel so culturally INCOMPETENT--I haven't seen ANY of the Madagascars. But those raspberry puff pastry pretzels (I live in NJ and never even knew that was a THING) sound incredible.

I'm going to enjoy a non-deadline weekend, after my visit from my coworkers and then the visit from my son and his g/f. I feel like all I've been doing for the past two months is get the house in condition to receive guests, but I managed to pull it off! I had carpets cleaned and the house professionally cleaned, did a major update of the uneffing of my habitat, begun a couple years ago. Really, the main thing that remains to be done is to do a semi-organization of my basement, just enough so I can safely let the cats go down there. Ever since my first sewer backup, things have been chaotic down there and I've had the cats' litter box upstairs in the alcove off the living room. Problematic for a number of reasons--primarily that the litter gets tracked onto the furniture. I want to get that thing moved BACK to the basement, where it belongs, but everything's so precariously piled down there I don't dare let the cats go down.

I have a few other minor projects--replacing all the hinges on my kitchen cabinets (already replaced all the handles, haven't had time to replace the hinges); doing some touchups to the cabinets where the stain is worn, and recovering my dining room chair seats. But the place actually looks, right now, the best it ever has (at least, until you look at the foundation).

Tomorrow morning I'll get my hair cut (which I desperately need).

The other thing this weekend is celebrating my sobriety anniversary--I'll have 8 years on Sunday, and will be speaking at my home group. So I've got a lot of gratitude penciled in, as well.
Congratulations on 8 years! That is awesome!!!

Old 08-26-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My weekend plans include volunteering at Bassetfest
Awesome HP! I have a Corgi and we attend as many all corgi events as possible. SO MUCH FUN!

And LEXIE - Wholly crap.....Happy Birthday!!! Congrats!
Old 08-26-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Free at last!

I am excited to be able to reply to this thread! For the first time in almost 8 years I am free to do whatever I want to do!! I finally look forward to weekends again!! Me and the kids will probably go walk around the new town we live in and check out everything. And then just relax and watch some movies..btw we love all the Madagascar movies too! And the Bassetfest sounds adorable!
Old 08-26-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good evening!

DS has a head cold, so no pool for us probably

Still hoping to take him to the show (won't post what it is since location will be traceable). Planning to clean clean clean all day tomorrow - the place desperately needs it, it is starting to affect mental health. Hope to get up early and get a few miles in on a treadmill
Old 08-26-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

After my first week since classes started I'm finishing my last homework assignment tonight so I will have the weekend to find some show to binge on Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Well, some of you asked about the raspberry pretzels. Here they are!

And don't worry LexieCat, I stripped out the EXIF data ;-)

Old 08-27-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
And don't worry LexieCat, I stripped out the EXIF data ;-)
Good girl! Though, of course, you've also made it impossible to find them.

Just as well, I need those about as much as a hole in the head. (Still working on weight loss--currently down 27 pounds with a plateau that I am being patient with)
Old 08-27-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Pedicure
Old 08-28-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

DS is recovering from his head cold quite nicely. Will be cooking up some carrot patties and cabbage patties shortly - love those. Cheap and healthy!
Old 09-02-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Heading to Cleveland for the airshow on Lake Erie!! DS will be besides himself! Also, it's the last weekend for the pool to which we belong - so we'll be heading there the rest of the weekend.

Everyone have a SAFE and PEACEFUL weekend!

COD
Old 09-02-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nata1980 View Post
DS is recovering from his head cold quite nicely. Will be cooking up some carrot patties and cabbage patties shortly - love those. Cheap and healthy!
I grew a bunch of cabbage... not sure why though, because I have no idea what to do with most of it now. Can you tell me about your patties?
Old 09-02-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Sounds like fun COD! Our pool has already closed for the season Summer goes too fast.

The boys and I are going to have one last backyard campout before we pack up the poor tent, which is quite faded from being out there for so long...

Hot dogs and s'mores on the bbq!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hopefully, moving to a bigger place! Can't wait!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm going to be volunteering at a running event Saturday AM, then meeting up w/my sister and going to an art/craft fair down near where she lives. Looking forward to spending some time w/sis!

Sunday may involve shopping for a new lawnmower as well as picking up some paint for a couple of the rooms of my house, taking advantage of sales at the hardware/building supply stores. These might not sound like really fun activities, but they're both things I'm looking forward to!

I am SO loving this cooler drier weather, altho it's supposed to warm up again for the next few days.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm taking the week off--driving down tomorrow to North Carolina (Hatteras)--got an AirBnb right near the beach. The PLAN is to do some serious writing (creative-type, not work-type), and just chill. I was forgetting about hurricane season when I made this reservation, so I'm hoping the weather cooperates. As of right now, it's supposed to be nice most of the week, but I might run into some bad weather on the drive down.

Will be nice to think about something other than work or home-improvement projects for a few days. I was planning to stay down there until the following Sunday, but I have to leave the following Monday for a training in Albuquerque (and for that, I'm staying an extra day to go on the Breaking Bad RV Tour. So I think I will head back home on Saturday just so I have a day to regroup before my NM trip.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Heading to Cleveland for the airshow on Lake Erie!!
FUN COD! I love air shows and have always wanted to do Osh Kosh.

Lexie - Drive safe!!

My motorcycle riding club ladies are having a camp out that i was going to go to, but my brother, sister and aunt decided to camp, so I'm ditching the biker chicks for the fam and I can't wait.

I might drive the long way home and visit the biker gals on the way. Then a friend is having a rainy Monday BBQ.

Have fun all!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

firebolt, DEFINITELY make it to Oshkosh. XAH is big into planes, and we went a number of times. It was especially interesting to go w/him, b/c it was like having my own private guided tour. I'll never forget seeing the Concord fly there, something that no one will see again...

It is very, very cool! Wear comfy shoes, you'll walk miles and still not see it all.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

My husband and I will be in tech rehearsal for our next show for four and a half hours tonight, eight hours tomorrow, and eight hours on Sunday. It's super exhausting but also great cast-bonding time and I am looking forward to it.

Best part of the weekend though is that I left my laptop at the office and turned my Out Of Office Assistant on it. If the 18 people I work for feel the need to reach out over the holiday, welllllll, they can bloody well wait until Tuesday for a response!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

firebolt, DEFINITELY make it to Oshkosh. XAH is big into planes, and we went a number of times.
Super cool! I love planes too...I even joined the EAA in college for discount tickets to Osh Kosh!
Old 09-02-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I had a great day with my youngest daughter. She wanted a haircut before school so i brought her. She was a bit moody all day. She started to tear up after the cut when we were on our way to shop. She later confessed that she had a nightmare about her sister, who had been hospitalized for cutting 2 years ago. We went to a nearby park and talked it through. I am happy to say the mood lifted. I feel like a good parent!

The rest of the weekend will be me mastering risotto, watching old movies, and sprucing up the house for back to school.

AH is mad at me for shining a light on his addiction, and my brother is having a depressive episode in Las Vegas. I feel for them, but i have to feel for me more...

Hope everyone has a good, kind weekend!