Loved this and had to share....y'all will totally get it!

Old 05-23-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Loved this and had to share....y'all will totally get it!

"To whom it may concern,
I know you had a rough childhood and all, but you're 35 ( or 40 +). You are an adult. You have made adult choices. You can no longer blame your childhood on your bad choices and irresponsible behavior".

Um, yep. Except this assumes adult choices have been made....that is so not true with many of our exs... This made me giggle a little-recalled how pompous my ex was, I mean completely arrogant, while at rehab a year and a half ago...told me he had read "choice theory" and had learned all of it. It was easy, everything is a choice, oh, and told me I needed to read it too! And that he had sat down with many addicts in rehab (he was there for less than ten days) and educated them on choice theory and how he was so much smarter than them. Not being mean, but honestly it was so heartbreaking I almost laughed through the phone...like, um, who do you think you are?!? Yes, that is the exact way I would describe my ex and his associates-experts at making good choices and just great influences on each orher! (This comment laced with sarcasm-hope y'all know that !)

Anyway , thought it was funny so just passing it on. Happy Monday!