Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 2

Old 03-19-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 2

This is the continuation of the "Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - part 1", which can be found here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-1-a.html

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 03-20-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know I'm not the first to say but it does feel good to know our gratitude is too big for the server !!
Old 03-20-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Grateful to see another vernal equinox/first day of spring! I have a little "altar" of sorts that I use for meditation--time to clear out my winter items and start fresh w/spring things. It will be fun to search and arrange today.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Since my posting is somewhat sporadic, I'm going to double dip here and do another one: Grateful for a book I'm reading by Gabor Mate called "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts - Close Encounters with Addiction." He has other books as well as a web site here: In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts - Dr. Gabor Maté
Old 03-20-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My son (almost 15!) helped me spring clean the kitchen yesterday. I had H bring in the ladder to get the lights, all of my Ball jars and the cupboard tops. So I put him up there and he was entertained but very helpful!

We went out for lunch and he was a chatterbox! Then I took him to buy running shoes. As we checked out, I got $25 off! I didn't even know the store had a reward system!

The rest of the day I deep cleaned and watched March Madness! A perfect day!

Peace!
Old 03-20-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When infinite happy days get part 2, you know something good is going on in this world 😄. Yay!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm am blown away & so humbled that this thread has gotten so "out of control".

HP - I spent most of yesterday (& half of Saturday if I'm honest) getting stuff rearranged/reorganized & cleaned up yesterday too. RAH & DD made a huge bonfire in the backyard & continued burning all the old junk we've just got to get rid of. We also need to use this time to trim our trees for loose branches & clear the yard of any debris that can become a dangerous projectile during summer storms.

I could feel the negative energy leaving the property as that old, old stuff was burned to ash.

Grateful that I was able to get DD's easter basket stuff out of the way yesterday too - and I had fun putting it all together. Candy, yes, but this year she's getting organic seeds to plant, a spring dress she's going to love & 2 tickets to the movies. I just got her 3rd Qtr report card & it is ridiculous how high her grades are; I couldn't stop myself from going overboard.

Grateful that I am starting a 3-day green tea detox AND using Lemon #2 from our tree to flavor it this morning!

Happy Spring, Everyone!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

^^ That dancing egg guy is cool!

I burned a bunch of yard stuff yesterday too, and I'm grateful I didn't get caught! Our burning days are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but I figured if I kept the fire small and not too smoky, I'd be OK. That worked, and I got a lot burned w/o being busted. Much to go, but ran out of time, energy and dry wood.

There's a lot of area and a lot to do, but my challenge for this first summer on my own is to see if I can keep up w/it all (and actually, to see if I can do better--much of what I burned yesterday has been sitting for a long time, waiting to be dealt with...)

Wishing all here a great week and a great start to the new season!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

HP, if you ever need help on a "burning day," give us a shout, ok?

Count me as another person grateful that this thread has spawned a "part 2!"

I'm also grateful that my sweet foster dog found a home only four days after he arrived in my home (and one week after he arrived in Wisconsin after being rescued in Missouri). He truly could not have found a better spot--his new family is a divorced mom with a 15-year old daughter who is home schooled. It's a home with a lot of love, and not too much chaos. It will be perfect for an 8-year-old lhasa apso out of a puppy mill who still needs some help with socialization.

I'm grateful to be looking forward to an Easter holiday with my daughters. It's been quite awhile since they've spent Easter with me, because they tend to attend church with their dad and neither of us have been overly diligent on keeping to the official parenting schedule for certain holidays. They will be coming up on Thursday night after Maundy Thursday church with their dad, and staying until the following Wednesday because they will be on Spring Break. DD16 got her braces off recently, and is scheduled to go in for her first post-braces dental exam on Monday, followed by her first post-braces cleaning/hygiene appointment on Wednesday, where she will also get her retainers. Tuesday is "$5 Tuesday" out our local movie theatre, so we have plans to go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 next week. I have to work while they are off from school, so they are going to learn how to make octopus plushies out of fleece.

Until then, I'm just going about my usual routine this week, trying to keep wowing my boss after my job scare earlier in the month. So far, so good!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

grateful for a March sunburn on my face - and for getting outdoors all weekend.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wisconsin, thanks for the update on your foster hound--glad he found a home so soon, and yes, it does sound about perfect, doesn't it?

Will you get another one soon?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The rescue up here tends to get most of their dogs in conjunction with a rescue in Missouri. They take a trip down for another batch of dogs once the current batch is mostly adopted. I think there was a six-week span between visits last time. So, it could be several weeks before we have another foster. But yes, we all really enjoyed the experience, and we plan to foster again.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Grateful for my treadmill. We have a relationship, me and that thing. We've been through some really good and really bad times but I love that thing more and more each day
Old 03-21-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

^ lol, I get it!

Grateful that I don't care that I haven't been running in days because I'm on vacation with my two boys enjoying long talks, walks in strange new places, different local food and markets, and a sunny beach (while it snowed back home!) And grateful that I still have three more days left.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just so happy, happy, happy. Do not know why, but I have this feeling in my chest. It feels like being in love, and I am not in love with anyone.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
Just so happy, happy, happy. Do not know why, but I have this feeling in my chest. It feels like being in love, and I am not in love with anyone.
Um, hello.....? How about YOU??!

What a wonderful feeling, congrats!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful to watch my oldest just get soccer....she gets it. I've had so much fun playing with her every night and teaching her. Wouldn't miss this for anything!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Grateful for the sore muscles I felt yesterday after doing yard work on Sunday:
1) Tells me I'm still alive!
2) Lets me know I really did do a good day's work.
3) Reminds me that my day job is about as sedentary as it gets and I need to make a point of exercising/doing physical work daily.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that my home was still available for our foster dog yesterday, when his new forever home decided to return him to the rescue after having him for less than 24 hours. He's back with us, and the search for a forever home continues.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OMG, Wisconsin!!^^ I'm grateful you were able to take him back in again also!

I guess it's just as well that his prospective adopters decided right away that it was a bad fit, and thank heavens they returned him to you instead of just dumping him on the street somewhere....