"Daddy drinks because I cry"

Old 02-09-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Daddy drinks because I cry"

I was just on Facebook... and I saw a picture that a woman I know had posted of her 1 year old grandson. He was wearing a shirt that said "daddy drinks because I cry."
And everyone was commenting how cute it was, and how they wanted it for their kids / grandkids.
I really wanted to post how awful I thought that was, but I didn't want to burst their happy facebook bubbles, so I thought I'd share with you guys instead.
It made me really angry.

Thanks for listening and Happy Fat Tuesday
Old 02-09-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

STBXAH used to blame the kids a lot for his drinking and bad behaviors...
"I just can't stand the crying.... and they don't stay asleep all night long... won't stay in their own beds... get up too early... they're too needy."

They're BABIES!!
And MAYBE... if you didn't drink so much and yell and scare the **** out of all of us, they might be a little more secure and wouldn't cry and whine as much, and would sleep better. Maybe....

Maybe it should be the other way around and say, "I cry because Daddy drinks" But that wouldn't be very cute for Facebook.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It's like a lot of those drinking/drug abuse jokes that seem funny until, well, it's NOT. And that's usually when it has become personal, all too real, and not a subject of humor.

It's not worth getting angry about. People who can joke about it are those who can afford to.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
It's like a lot of those drinking/drug abuse jokes that seem funny until, well, it's NOT. And that's usually when it has become personal, all too real, and not a subject of humor.

It's not worth getting angry about. People who can joke about it are those who can afford to.
Yeah, you're right.... I guess it just kind of triggered me.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

We drinkers are very skilled at pointing fingers, aren't we?
Old 02-09-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

KBoys-oh my does this strike a chord with me. My ex blamed our kids too-for everything. God almighty-they're kids, dipshit-they need adults. But I realized that my ex couldn't even take care of himself, let alone another human being. I recall one incident (I'll spare you all the gory drunk details) but it ended with my oldest not being supervised at all outside while my ex was inside getting drunk with his new buddy on a Sunday afternoon and oldest got into a pile of ants-after screaming profusely and having hundreds of bites all over her hand, my then husband told me that night that she was just a whiny bitch. Uh huh. She was four and had fire ants all over her hands. Then have me more BS excuses the next day that my breast feeding had caused him to get drunk (wtf?!) and he and his mom and sister bitch and curse each other out al the time and then go back to normal so he didn't know what he big deal was. Insert jaw dropping moment. Maybe that's tHE problem, idiot. I don't care what you and your mommy and sissy do-how bout don't call your daughter a bitch. Back to your original post, My ex would have worn that shirt proudly...only his would have said that his wife made him drink, too.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awful....

Later the kid should get their own shirt that says I cry b/c daddy drinks. Tragic.