O/T Funny thing that happened to me

Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amy....I'll tell you a secret...................after you experience "nice"...really genuine nice for the first time (by a guy that loves you...or, at least you have a good connection with....
You will l ike it so much that you will never be able to tolerate or accept less from anyone else.....

I don't know if you cry easily or not...but, I think your reaction of wanting to go away and cry is actually a bit of grieving over your past treatment....
Grieving and getting in touch of the sadness is a part of healing...I think....
Good signs...I think.....

dandylion
Old 02-09-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My STBAXH held the door for everyone, but me. He was the "nicest guy" to everyone, but me. I too would look at other couples longingly wishing I had what they had. Not only did my husband never open a door, but I always had to drive. Like I was the man in the relationship. I used to say to him that I wanted to feel like a lady and can't he please drive?? Nope. I always had to drive. I soooo look forward to someday meeting a man that treats me with love and respect and holds a door for me or reaches into a cab to grab my hand. Someday. Thanks for the post.