My ex is supposedly in rehab

Old 02-05-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My ex is supposedly in rehab

Squeal!! Sigh-just another ploy for the courts. All about him and his image. Forced , not by choice. His last phone call Sunday night was still the same abusive, entitled narc jerk he truly is. He ain't changed...and 30 days ain't going to change this bully. So life goes on for me and my girls and I'll cross the court bridge/visitation bridge when I get there. Just enjoying no abusive harassing phone calls for 30 days-and what do you know? My oldest is not acting out and is able to sleep and not get angry every night-now that her "dad" has stopped abusing her. Thank God.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know what is the only thing that matters . . . that little phrase you can use today - an EX.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hallelujah-praise God. Not the husband, the EX-for too many valid reasons. Joy almighty!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, if the 30 days does nothing for him, I hope this coming month will be a time of healing for you and the girls!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

^ thank you! Me too
Old 02-06-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a gift! Not sure if he'll go all 30, but it does give you a little time to think about how you can adjust your communication with him to protect yourself and allow more healing. Use this time!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Morning

Rehab huh? Let's hope he is able to get it together for your children's sake. We as parents and ex partners are able to move on and find others, they are stuck with him as their father for the rest of their lives... I'm hoping that he finds clarity while gone......
One can only hope, right?
Big Hug to you and your girls..
Ro
Old 02-06-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes! Remember y'all-he was cured a year and a half ago after 8 days-cured he claimed! Even told our pastor! Uh huh. He just IS an arrogant entitled abuser, you can't cure that-drinking or not. Oh well. Girls and I go on, regardless of what he does. Thanks for your support, yall!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

^^^^^I'm dying^^^^^^^^
Thank you for my first chuckle of the morning. I needed that!!

I know it's not funny but the way you say things sometimes crack me up!!
He's cured!!! Lol
Xoxoxoxo. Thank you!! I needed that!
So glad you've only got maybe one toe still on that crazy train, and I know it's not by choice!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

RO-you have no idea what a phony he is-called from last rehab stint to make amends, uh huh, and told me he had changed peoples lives by reading them the Bible and that his life from then on was about God and those people from rehab were his new life long friends!!!!! Squeal!! What a crock of **** he is-just simmering in his own crap of lies and arrogance covering up a scared little boy that likes to abuse bc of his own insecurities-refusing to face who he truly is. Good luck buddy.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
What's really gonna hurt is when he starts feeding that load of poop to the girls again.

My daughter was given the "Daddy had an epiphany. Daddy's better now" line so many times I've lost count. For years she would believe him, and then she just turned bitter. Oh, my God, FOG! It's all coming back to me now. That yoyo cr@p he did to my poor baby girl was heartbreaking. She's still digging out from it. Will be for a long time.

I'm sending prayers out for you and your girls.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

^ oh karma-he didn't event acknowledge where he was going. Said he was going on a trip and leaving for 30 days. Remember, there's nothing wrong with him....more denial. Can't even say the words! I only heard through my attorney. He literally doesn't think he's done anything wrong-he hasn't abused or anything-therefore there's no reason to say "everything's better!!" Bc in his mind nothing was wrong. Sick sick sick person. Trust me-my oldest has been through the wringer and she's 6. Daddy ain't a good person, that's the truth. Still scapegoats me for everything.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ugh. At least it's 30 days you don't have to deal with him.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

^ I'll take it. Could you make it 30 years ?!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh, my God, FOG!
I had to chuckle at this. My own FOG breaks through more and more too - to the point I often catch myself saying

"what the FOG was I thinking" lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh, my God, FOG!
Baha - and just realized that in this case FOG is a username....
Old 02-08-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ha! I didn't think that through when I picked my fourth username I figured, why am I here?? Why am I on this road? What drives every decision I make? For our girls. Didn't realize the FOG shorter version-but I guess it works as well as I'm also here to no longer be held hostage to anyone's fear, obligation and guilt. Those evil trucks don't get me anymore!! Thanks for the chuckle, Firebolt!
Old 02-08-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ahhhh so envious-- enjoy the 30 days of peace... Glad for you and your kids that you have some peace and space from his calls and Narc BS...