Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 1

Old 01-13-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 1

As Mike suggested, I've started a new thread to go beyond our 100 Happy Days.

Continued from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...takers-12.html
Old 01-13-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great idea - gratitude lists have helped me SO MUCH!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today, my gratitude is for the WONDERFUL name of our new thread! This makes me smile really big. Thanks, Wisconsin!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grateful that all of our happiness will continue unabated.
Grateful for avocado toast.
Grateful to have a really good therapist.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really love this, Wisconsin! The other day I was wondering about the purpose of 100 Happy Days, because at first I would come and write every day, but then around day #50, I start skipping. But the point is that I am grateful every single day because of the disaster I escaped. Dealing with shock is not easy, because now from the distance I see what my ex really is and was and the role I was playing in his life. Dealing with an alcoholic, abusive and possibly manic depressive for years can really get you to a dark place.

So my happy days better be infinite from now on. The goal is to be grateful and positive every day, to look forward to tomorrow, and never let the past ruin your future, because as long as the new days keep coming, there will be always something worth living for.

So thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 01-13-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful for my healthy kiddo and dog.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grateful for all this rain we're getting today here in California!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LS, what do you put on your avocado toast? Just avocado? I've seen so many interesting and yummy looking variations online...
Old 01-13-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Grateful to be spending lots of quality time with my doggie. Grateful my youngest is potty training-she's almost got it!!! (Sad, too, as the season of changing diapers and having a baby is ending sooner than I would like...Grrrr, they grow up too fast!). Grateful for Gods never ending grace to a sinner like me that makes the choice to follow Him each day-no matter how hard. His love is what it's all about.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Grateful to have you bunch of people in my life. God sure knew what he was doing leading me here when I had nowhere else to go. Thanks, W, for continuing this thread!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Grateful I got up early this morning, before the kids woke up, and was able to take a nice long uninterrupted shower!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
LS, what do you put on your avocado toast? Just avocado? I've seen so many interesting and yummy looking variations online...
I salt it and mash it up with plain Greek yogurt to make it more spreadable. Breakfast (and sometimes lunch) of champions.

Grateful for a good workout today. I dusted off my Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD and worked up a nice winter sweat. (Now only 29 days to go until I look like one of the models in the DVD right?)
Grateful to see such a beautiful blue sky yesterday.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
I dusted off my Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD and worked up a nice winter sweat. (Now only 29 days to go until I look like one of the models in the DVD right?)
Yeah, LS, that's how it always worked for me...NOT!!

I am grateful for the continuing slow drip of insight and understanding about what was really going on during the years of my marriage. The perspective this is giving me is priceless, and "grateful" doesn't fully cover the depth of my thankfulness for this knowledge.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grateful for long hair and perfume. I always wear my hair down, but I slept in this AM - DOH! I am getting compliments on my non-showered braid....and that makes me happy.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I couldn't be happier to see the thread continue on in this way & I LOVE the thread title, W!

I'm more than happy to abandon numbering/tracking of days too, lol.

Grateful for a rest day, off from work yesterday following our seminar which ended very late the night before. I worked very, very hard for 9 straight days on everything that goes into it - marketing pieces, handouts, organizing the panel of speakers, follow-up surveys, refreshments, gift baskets, etc. Lots of late evenings & weekend hours for this project. (which is most of the reason I've been absent from SR lately)

I was glad I had had the foresight to bring odds & ends like a first aid kit (for aspirin & band aids mostly) - when the attorney showed up sick & suffering I was able to give her some meds, lozenges, a box of tissues & look like The World's Best Assistant. My boss has thanked me a thousand times for making her look good, not just to the attendees but to our associates.

I'm also incredibly happy that you all inspired me to look deeper into audio book options through my library - I'm listening to The Shack right now (which I've read previously) & found 3 more interesting titles from various genres when I spent some time looking this week.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am grateful that I get to be off on Monday, and go up to my sisters and celebrate her birthday with her, and that my mom and my kids can come too.

Grateful I have a job to come to, since I did not win the lotto last night...LOL

Grateful for the best vege burger ever that I just ate for lunch at a local restaurant. It was so good, with grilled mushrooms on top. Veges as a side, YUMO!
Old 01-14-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
I really love this, Wisconsin! The other day I was wondering about the purpose of 100 Happy Days, because at first I would come and write every day, but then around day #50, I start skipping. But the point is that I am grateful every single day because of the disaster I escaped. Dealing with shock is not easy, because now from the distance I see what my ex really is and was and the role I was playing in his life. Dealing with an alcoholic, abusive and possibly manic depressive for years can really get you to a dark place.

So my happy days better be infinite from now on. The goal is to be grateful and positive every day, to look forward to tomorrow, and never let the past ruin your future, because as long as the new days keep coming, there will be always something worth living for.

So thank you, thank you, thank you!
Yep!

The original purpose was that it creates a practiced habit - and that while in the beginning it may be difficult to "find" something to be happy about every single day, over time you tend to see those things more quickly, more clearly. Slowly, over the course of the project, the expectation is that your internal thoughts become more positive as a default - instead of having a knee-jerk negative reaction or mindset.

Here's a write-up of the original project, which is what we based our 100 Happy's on: #100happydays: The story behind the social phenomenon - TODAY.com
Old 01-14-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sterling performance w/the seminar--glad you get a day to rest and regenerate your energies.

((((Hugs))) and welcome back, FireSprite! We missed you!
Old 01-14-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm really glad to be continuing this thread. It DOES help it become a habit, and in general, I think it's just good for us to remind ourselves that no matter what has happened, no matter what IS happening, we have a boundless capacity for joy and gratitude. It is always within us, every single day.

I am happy to be looking forward to a nice weekend with my daughters. DS will be spending most of the weekend with STBXAH, and my girls and I have plans for a Harry Potter marathon (I can't even say how sad I am about Alan Rickman's passing). We're also going to work on their cosplays for an upcoming anime convention. And, Monday is a holiday for the county government, so it will be a three-day weekend for me.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful fora job that I love and the amazing support I have there while I figure out what the next step is for me and the kids. Also grateful that I work for an agency that does not want to lose me and continues to look at ways to offer me more hours so that I won't want/need to leave to support the kids.