Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 1

Old 01-21-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Grateful for an opportunity to practice saying "no" kindly but firmly.
Grateful that the earlier no left room for a "yes" when something I really did want came along. (This whole setting boundaries/not being a martyr thing is really working out for me, lol).
This is great, LS. I love to hear stuff like this, and it helps remind me to do this in my own life (it's far from a natural response yet, and I often think of it AFTER the appropriate time to say no or set the boundary has passed).
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

FireSprite, what a wonderful story! Make another notch in your "Brene Brown belt" for doing what you did in the store!

And how cool that in the process of doing that, you found an excellent solution to something completely unrelated that you were working on. I've been receiving all kinds of answers to problems lately too--not big, earth-shaking ones but nevertheless, things that I need to take care of and am somewhat stymied about. Then, like you describe, the solution appears out of the blue and it's like "wow, holy cow, where did THAT come from, that will work just right!" It's such a great feeling. And I always say thanks to the Universe, powers that be, Flying Spaghetti Monster or whoever sent it...
Old 01-21-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

We got enough snow to cover the grass. I am so happy. Haven't seen real white for a long time.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I thought of all you Brene Brown fans today! I'm grateful for the opportunity to participate in a leadership training program at work. We are meeting all day on Thursday, for the next five Thursdays. Today was our first session, and there was much talk of empathy. The presenter talked about Brene Brown, and Brene gave the keynote address at a professional coaching seminar she went to.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the first session today, and am looking forward to next week.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Grateful for successfully resisting the urge (for now) to "get myself a little something" on Amazon. It is a very tempting little sentence. So, every time I feel the itch to buy, I am going instead to pay off some of my credit card. It reminds me of the jar where people have to put a quarter every time they cuss. And I think I am getting high on getting stuff in the mail.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

That's great awareness healthy! WOOHOO!

Wisconsin - that sounds fantastic! I can't count the # of times I've referenced BB here at the office since reading her stuff.

Happy I decided to turn in early & got a really GOOD night of solid, long sleep. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I really needed that!
Old 01-22-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Wow - just caught up. Can sooo relate to the food / shopping numbing! It is so easy for me to slip back into those old habits!

On the tat

This will be long...
My friend and i drove all over looking for someone to do them for us - cause you know, it had to be done that minute..our initial plans for the night were dinner by the river with a fire, but it was a snow storm.

Finally, the 3rd tat place we stopped, she is always booked a month out, but her walk in lady with little experience said shed do it and started on my friend. (I usually don't cheat on my normal tat guy but hes 1.5 hours away and it's a snow storm, and we are determined. lol) 2 other shops turned me away because - light tattoo, reversed out with no outlines on white skin is too hard for them, and on me.

I wanted this brain. Gray is brain cancer awareness.

The owner (with lots of experience) finished what she was working on, and looked at my design and said umm, no the walk in gal is not doing that, i will and begrudgingly started it at closing time.

She finished 3.5 hours after they closed - yeah, good tip!

The gas that did our tats were our age, ride motorcycles, and we hit is off like crazy - we invited them out for a drink, and they came! We discovered that the 4 of our birthdays covered the 4 elements of the earth. The tattoo parlor is "Element Tattoo."

Since a couple weeks after diagnosis, the whole fam has CONSTANTLY worn these: "No one FIGHTS Alone"

Last night my brother texted me...he ended up at her shop, not knowing where I'd gone...

So, Again, thankful for serendipitous stuff in the middle yucky stuff.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

What a great story, firebolt! Thanks for taking the time to post it!
Old 01-22-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Yeah - fun to write it out - and now y'all know that we are gingers....
Old 01-22-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

That is so awesome, firebolt! And thanks for taking time to post this and the pics too!

Two days ago, I was playing with tattoo fonts and combining the letters with an image of a butterfly, and an image of a wolf. If I really do get a tattoo, it will say "It takes courage to change" and there will be an image of a butterfly (for metamorphosis symbolism), or there will be a wolf silhouette standing for courage. Plus, that would be my first tattoo, so it will take lots of courage indeed.

Again, great story, firebolt!
Old 01-22-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

HealthyAgain - LOVE your idea!
Old 01-23-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I am grateful for an amazing moon I saw today, and that I was able to drive safely on ice, and for Burt's Bees cream for my feet. It is so thick, and gooey, and smells so good.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I saw the beautiful moon too, healthyagain--I took my houndies for an afternoon walk in a nearby park just around twilight. We had the lovely blues and lilacs of the fading sky in the west over the wetlands and the silhouettes of trees as we went out and the white and glorious moon climbing in the east as we headed back.

I've always believed I was a "sunrise person", but since this job has forced me to turn my normal schedule upside down, I'm coming to love the twilight and evening also.

I guess that's what I'm grateful for today!
Old 01-24-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Oh that moon last night was incredible. So grateful I was out and about to experience it.
Grateful that I got out of the rut of cutting my own hair and went down to the local beauty college and got highlights, cut and a blowout for what it would have cost for just a cut at a "real" salon. The girl did a great job and I'm so glad I did it.
Grateful for an extremely entertaining evening at the roller derby. That place is a perfect microcosm for thinking and observing the human condition.
Grateful that I still had time to get to my Alanon meeting. Then I went out and got dinner afterwards. Date night with the best date possible- me!
I've also been kicking around the idea of another tattoo. I think it would be pretty big, so I'll have to time it carefully.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful to have learned to say, I'm struggling-and I need some help. The biggest thing I've learned in my life so far-not to stay silent, to speak out and ask for help if needed. Recovery is a good thing
Old 01-24-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
Grateful for successfully resisting the urge (for now) to "get myself a little something" on Amazon. It is a very tempting little sentence. So, every time I feel the itch to buy, I am going instead to pay off some of my credit card. It reminds me of the jar where people have to put a quarter every time they cuss. And I think I am getting high on getting stuff in the mail.
OK, can you pass this motivation on to me, please? I need me some of this, LOL!

As for my happy days. I am feeling a lot of joy this AM. Last night my son and I went to spend time with my bf and his girls. We watched a movie and his girls (7 &10) climbed up on me on the couch. His 7 year old laid on top of me and she wrapped my left arm around her and his 10 year old laid next to me on my right and she had me wrap my arm around her. She was so sweet and grabbed my hand and intertwined her fingers with mine. Melts my heart the way these kids welcomed me into their lives.

My son is 17 and doesn't do that stuff with me anymore but I made sure to give him a HUGE hug at our home later and thanked him for coming along and for playing with the girls and told him I loved him.

Guess I can't really ask for much more.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Grateful for being able to make plans and be better organized. Things keep falling in their place. My greatest dilemma at the moment is to go see Star Wars today, or not. Not a big Star Wars fan, but going to see a movie might be fun.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Not a big Star Wars fan, but going to see a movie might be fun.
I've been thinking this too--I've got to keep my eye on when it hits the cheapo theaters, b/c I am NOT paying full price! I don't often go out to see movies, and man, it has gotten expensive since the last time I went...
Old 01-24-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Just came back. Never been to movies alone before. Now I can read all the spoilers and figure out who, how, why, etc.! The ticket was $9, so if you skip snacks, it is not that bad.

I am grateful that I decided to go. It was almost like a mini date with myself.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy and grateful for a nice weekend. My daughters and I did more preparation for the upcoming anime convention. Grateful that everyone I know who was in the path of the blizzard over the weekend seems to have made it through without losing power. Grateful that tomorrow is my dad's 70th birthday. We've had our challenges, but he has always done right by my children, and considering he almost died of a heart attack 13 years ago, it's a wonderful thing for him to reach this milestone.