Thank you all for the tools

Old 11-25-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the tools

I just wanted to say thanks!
I'm still faking it till I make it but I am already feeling a lot more peace because of what I've read here at SR. And I'm feeling hopeful about being more active in Alanon.
We have a very large family. There will be about 30 people at my house for dinner tomorrow. Most of them are our kids and grandkids.
Holidays are usually pretty tense for me with AH. He seems to think it's all about drinking. And that usually turns me into a cranky bit(h.
This year I feel like there's a chance that I can enjoy each one of my family and not let my AH and whatever he's doing get to me.
I hope that there is peace for all of you tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you have a wonderful day! I am smiling as a picture your house full of family....
Old 11-26-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Wow, thirty people sounds like a huge logistics exercise. I hope it's ok and you're not doing it all yourself. And also the weather allows the children to play outside.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you!

It has taken me time (lots of time) and diligence working my own program, to learn how to enjoy myself, instead of being the behavior police.

Honestly I didn't believe that day could come, but I kept the faith, and kept listening to folks who'd been in recovery longer than me, followed their advice, and found that freedom.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It was a great day! I really enjoyed my day with the family and I just let AH be himself.
I LOVE having every one over. It's what makes my heart happy. And yesterday I was able to BE happy and have a good time with them.
An interesting thing happened 2 or 3 times. He almost seemed to be baiting me into an argument. It was like he didn't know what to do with himself if he wasn't at odds with me. But I didn't take the bait. I did politely tell him once that it was HIS choice to be "slaving" over the clean up while everyone else was relaxing and playing games. I prefer to do the cleaning up later, after everyone leaves. So I just told him that and then went on with my own business.
Best Thanksgving in years. Which is ironic since he actually drank more than usual.