100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 10-16-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

#9 - WOOHOO for a good night's sleep! So happy this morning that I opted for a decent bedtime vs. a Netflix binge last night.

TGIF Everyone - Hope you have fantastic weekends ahead of you!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy and grateful that we have frost in the forecast. That's always the happiest day of the year for me--when the ragweed dies off.

I'm also grateful that I will have some "me time" this weekend. I'm planning to go to the zoo at some point; we have a new baby giraffe that I'm dying to see.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm jumping in late, but here goes!

Yesterday, I took a "me" day off from work and told AH I didn't want him to take a day off and he didn't, so I got the day to myself to get some stuff done.

Today- saw a rainbow on my way to work!
Old 10-16-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

10/16
I just got to hold a sleeping 5 pound, 4-day old baby girl....
So tiny, and so precious
Old 10-16-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 9 - Happy its Friday, and for having a fun, busy weekend planned.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Today I am happy for the gorgeous sunrise I saw on the way to work this morning. The orange, pink and blue colors were just magnificent.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Was listening to "The New Codependency" by Melody Beattie in the car today. Somehow it doesn't resonate w/me nearly as much as the first one...but that could be b/c I'm a "first generation codependent", as she puts it, and the newer book is focusing on those younger than me who grew up in a different world.

She did mention that it's a real sign of progress to be able to view those who cause you anger, frustration, sadness, pain, etc., as teachers rather than simply as irritants.

I'm sure she's right about that.

I'm equally sure that that is not where I am at this point. And that's OK. My friend the turtle said it's OK to go slow.

Easier to be grateful for: I have a whole weekend w/very little in the way of commitments (other than a massage appointment!) in which I can spin and crochet in my sunny room w/the colorful old rag rug on the floor. It's gonna be great!

Happy weekend to all.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Grateful for leftovers. I am SO not in the mood to cook tonight.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

#9 Grateful for getting paid, and not being a shopaholic. And I found a pretty good way of fighting the Amazon add-to-cart addiction. I add items to the wishlist instead. It helps my impulse control. Then one day, when I really want to reward myself for something, I'll pick an item from that wish list and buy it.

and TGIF!
Old 10-17-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up with my little man and have all day to go on some fun "adventures" with him and our friends on a crisp fall day!
Old 10-17-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Grateful for the bounty of October farmer's markets--I bought butternut squash, garlic, carrots, kale, eggs, green and red peppers, mushrooms and 5 different kinds of apples (Jonathan, Cortland, Honeycrisp, Keepsake and Melrose). And there was so much more, you can't believe it! Eggplants, cabbage, kohlrabi, chard, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, ground cherries, pumpkins, squash and gourds of every color and size, bok choy...

It certainly makes a person feel thankful to the sun, the rain and the earth for all they provide, not to mention gratitude for the hard work of all those who grow and harvest these riches.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Grateful and happy I can attend the performance at my older daughter's high school tonight. I've missed a lot of these things in the past few years, and it will be a treat to see this one.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

#10 grateful fot tacos, a great relaxing Saturday, and the K. Clarkson's song playing on the radio right now, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Old 10-17-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for PMS. I needed an excuse to buy some fancy dark chocolate. Hey, it's full of antioxidants or something too, right?
Old 10-18-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for and happy to have the show Bob's Burgers to watch, and make me laugh. And I can watch it without another full grown adult hassling me about it.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post

Today I am grateful for and happy to have the show Bob's Burgers to watch, and make me laugh. And I can watch it without another full grown adult hassling me about it.
Love Bob's Burgers.

"I'm no hero, I put my bra on one boob at a time like everyone else."
Best line on any TV show ever.

And I'm pretty sure the cure for codependency is channeling your inner Louise.

Today I'm grateful for Goodwill. Where poverty and retail therapy can peacefully coexist.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Today I'm grateful for Goodwill. Where poverty and retail therapy can peacefully coexist.
Headed there today myself! I've found a lot of things I needed there.

However, I'm a little disturbed by the clothing price increases in the past year--shirts used to go for 2.99 most of the time, now it's 4.99. Still a deal over new, for sure, but up quite a bit in a short time...
Old 10-18-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Grateful for setting a healthy boundary today for myself that I would not have in the past, without this forum, and my willingness to let go of some fears and try to take care of myself better.. "I am recovering" and I am good enough today. And my actions, will speak louder than my words ever did. I really am working on turning my masochism into healthy self love.. one of the hardest challenges for myself, but I really want it.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grateful for my beautiful little den, pumpkins, and Halloween decorations. Grateful for mums and a sunny October Sunday. Grateful for wind, cool weather, and fluffy blankets.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

9. Grateful for beautiful weather, a long walk and neighbors who helped me get the Jeep running. Grateful for my noon Alanon meeting.

10. Grateful for my recovery program and home Alanon group. Grateful for my husband and our kids. Grateful for fun and laughter while playing Hoopla.

11. Grateful for yet another day of sunny, warm weather. Grateful for split pea soup and a roast and carrots in the crock pot. Grateful for a walk with DS8. Grateful for rest. Grateful for clean clothes and a warm shower. Thankful for my job, and for the days I have off.