100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 10-14-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Jumping in late of course too.
1. Grateful for my kids who bring joy to my life everyday.
2. Happy that I was able to purchase a nice house in a nice neighborhood after my divorce.
3. Grateful for my furbabies who although are a handful always bring me lots of love and kisses each day
4. Happy I am able to go to an awesome exercise class with fun supportive ladies
5. Happy that ExAH and I have been able to coparent very smoothly which has made all the difference for our kids
6. Grateful for the slight weather change and cool breeze in the morning and the beginnings of fall.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Grateful for day #7. Today would be our anniversary. I do not feel sad, I have not cried yet today, and I actually dreaded this day. So far, so good. Thinking of the chores I have to do today. It seems like I'll be able to have an evening off and enjoy it. I've also noticed that I sleep much more now (or so to say have a normal sleep pattern of 7-8 hours without waking up). And the life is slowing down and pieces are falling in their place.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 7 - Happy for spending a great evening, night and morning with a crazy old friend in town. Bam - one year of therapy banged out in one night of fishing and cooking a hot dog over a fire and talking about life, philosophy, religion and recovery. My cup runneth over today.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful and happy that after a long, tiring day at work, I get to go home to my peaceful, tidy apartment with my sweet son, and relax.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thankful today for pigtails (my youngest one just loves her hair done with bows, etc!), happy kids laughing, a job I enjoy going to everyday and peace at home-that is the most important, peace.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Grateful for my new yoga mat. That 5mm really does make a difference. My wrists and elbows are very happy right now.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I thought I'd chime in too. I am grateful for a beautiful long weekend ahead with my children.

My husband plans to visit an old friend for the weekend. So, my children and I decided to travel to the place where Washington Irving, author of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, drew inspiration for his book. There are a bunch of amazing and age appropriate Halloween events in the area.

Ordinarily, in the past, I would have stayed home with my children and done the usual weekend activities alone. Nope. Not anymore. We're outta here and on a little adventure of our own. So looking forward to it.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

# 8

I am happy and grateful that I was able to spend part of yesterday evening chatting on Facebook with some old friends. It always feels so nice to catch up and reconnect.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

#8 - Happy I was able to be there for a friend last night, in the same way that she's been there for me a thousand times over the years. Happier that DD went along & got a great lesson on being a good friend & had some fun herself.

On a side note, something that has occurred to me about Gratitude is that: previous to these kinds of exercises (those that raise my awareness of my gratitude & create a practice of gratitude) I wouldn't have labelled myself an Ungracious Person. But I wasn't really appreciating everything fully either. It's like I was stuck in this 2-dimensional, grey zone but now it's a much more 3D experience. It's not just something that exists, but exists like an internal garden that needs regular attention in order to flourish & bloom.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

October 15: Grateful for the year-old Bernese mountain dog, Lily, that I met this AM while walking my own hounds. She is just a pile of fur, great big feet and enthusiasm!

Lily's person introduced herself and we talked for a while. After I had walked away, I thought "gosh, she seemed really eager to chat and have some human contact--why on earth didn't I get her number and make a date to go have a cup of coffee some AM?" Well, I know why I didn't--years of isolating, not reaching out--not an easy habit to break. I hope I bump into her again soon (I have seen her from a distance walking Lily before, so it seems reasonable I would see her again at some point) and this time, I will indeed see if she'd like to go for coffee and/or over to the dog park.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--we don't realize what our lives have become, we truly have no freaking idea--until we start to consciously change them. And the ability to do this is something I'm tremendously grateful for.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--we don't realize what our lives have become, we truly have no freaking idea--until we start to consciously change them. And the ability to do this is something I'm tremendously grateful for.
Soooooo true, my friend. I was thinking yesterday that I haven't seen my brother in three years, even though we only live about four hours apart. Job one: get over to Michigan to see him at some point between Thanksgiving and New Year's.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

10/15
haircut and eyebrow waxing
Old 10-15-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

10/15

Fill and new fall nail color.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

#8 Grateful for the credit score and that I did not ruin anything. On contrary, getting credit cards and using them WISELY showed some results in only a few months. Still have to pay the attorney fee on my card, but slowly getting there.

And I am grateful that my prayers were heard. Last night, I was reading my journal, and on 06/28 I was praying a lot . . . not to stray, not to be sucked in again, to be strong to file for divorce, not to mess up my work and ruin my income. Well, the envelope with divorce papers arrived on 09/28. Three months after precisely.

And I am grateful for understanding I get from people on here. Because others generally do not understand and do not believe what I had to deal with.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 8 - Happy the XABF is getting far enough from my mind for me to notice NOT thinking about our relationship, I am naturally turning down my street rather than accidentally passing it and heading towards his where i lived for 4 years, and happy I asked a friend to please stop telling me about him. Happy for progress in general!
Old 10-15-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 8
Grateful that I was able to get to another meditation class last night and that one of the exercises was about imagining a phrase about who we are in this moment and that the first one that came to my mind was "I am recovering" and that I am ok with that being good enough for now..
Old 10-15-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Grateful for my toasty, cozy electric blanket, though it does make it hard to get out of bed some mornings.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

7. Thankful for a spectacular sunset over a beautiful mountain range. Thankful for time with my husband.

8. Thankful for time with DS8. Thankful for a pot of soup and time with family. Today's soup was a red pepper, carrots, black beans, stewed tomatoes, ground beef, sea salt and pepper. Thankful for how little bits put together can make a filling meal.

Thankful for my sponsor and Alanon.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ktf, I totally want that recipe!
Old 10-15-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I would love that recipe too! Part of my recovery work is being more creative and cooking new meals for myself and my little one! That sounds delicious.